Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikon Scanner driver

Hi,
    I have installed Windows XP Pro and can’t find a suitable driver for my Nikon Coolscan II (LS-20) film scanner.
    I would really appreciate it if anybody could point to a place where I could find it.
    Thank you very much.
    Enrique

I did a quick search and came up with this on Nikon's European site....Nikon ...it says they are not planning to support the Coolscan LS-20 under XP. Of course, that does not mean the driver they list for the other scanners would not work...just that they do not support it.

Comment

I doubt that Nikon will be upgrading the Drivers for the LS-20 as it has been replaced by the LS-30. Minolta did the same thing with the Scan Multi 2...no support for Win XP.
      You could go with a dual boot system...W98SE and XP..that way you still use the scanner to import with.
      Most of the time trying to use outdated drivers or drivers intended for other devices, even of the same manufacture and general model type does not work very well. If you do try, just be sure you know how to use the Restore function in XP in case the drivers crash your system....Tom

Comment

I've used 2K drivers for various things until dedicated XP drivers appeared with no ill effects. XP will warn you of the risk but allows you to proceed when you install them. Just racking my brains as to which 2K drivers/devices I used.

Comment

Thanks guys.
          It's my understanding that there are no official drivers for 2000, either...maybe somebody did write one.
          So much for investing in a Nikon...

Comment

Depending on your system and avaliable resources, adding a 2nd hard drive and setting up a dual boot system might be something to consider. You could then use W98SE to run your peripherals and keep XP for the "number crunching"...Tom

Comment

I run a 2K/XP dual boot system. Had a few problems but it turned out to be a faulty hard drive not the OS's

Comment

Why don't you try Vuescan?

Comment

Yes, I think Vuescan should work...anyway I was looking for a inline twain driver to have the option of scanning directly from PS.
                  Thanks to all...I'll keep you posted. Right now my Windows XP has gone bust, probable culprit Matrox G450 ....I'll keep you posted.

Comment