Need help with keyboard command!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with keyboard command!

Why won't it let me delete this post/thread? It says I don't have permission, even though I made the thread. I guess Doug has to do it? Anyway, since we're stuck with it for now, here is what it was about...

I needed help with a problem I had tonight, which I have since figured out how to fix. In case you ever hit a keyboard combination by mistake that changes a set keyboard command to a different function, here is how you fix the problem:

Highlight the function you want in the menu while you hold down command/control and click. Voila! You add/change a keyboard shortcut!

Discovered by trial and error with much mumbling of not-so-nice words since my PS7 manual was no help (if it was in there, I couldn't find it--big book). But now I'm glad it happened since there are some functions I use a lot that have no set keyboard shortcuts, and now I can add them! Yay!

Phyllis
    Last edited by ; 08-22-2002, 02:07 AM.

You can delete and edit all your own posts, with the exception of the very first post in a thread. You can edit, but not delete such a post. I or that forum's moderator can delete it, so let one of us know if this is desired.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

I'm glad you didn't delete it.
      I learned something new.
      Thanks, Phyllis

Tony

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

Adding Custom Keyboard Shortcuts
        by Guest
        I hope someone here can help me. I had to reinstall PS7 and in the process lost all my custom keyboard commands. Problem is, I made them quite a while ago and have FORGOTTEN HOW I did it! I looked through both my PS books and can't find where I learned to do this. It's a simple process, as I recall...you...
        01-21-2003, 12:03 PM
      • Ken Fournelle
        Lost Keyboard Shortcut
        by Ken Fournelle
        I use the keyboard shortcut Shift+F5 to fill selections. Recently, it no longer works to fill a selection. (I can use the Edit>Fill option). One time I tried using it and it prompted me that "Command Grow" could not be used. Now, when I try Shift+F5 I get a selection of parts of the...
        03-12-2006, 06:01 PM
      • kyleb
        keyboard short cut help - zooming
        by kyleb
        I can't seem to find this shortcut. I have done this by accident many times, but don't know what I did.

Let say Im using the brush tool or any tool zoomed in very close. I may need to quickly see where I am in the shot and just want to zoom out completely(to see the full image) and...
        03-06-2012, 03:13 PM
      • Ken Fournelle
        Lost keyboard Shortcut
        by Ken Fournelle
        I appear to have lost a keyboard shortcut. Specifically, selecting the hi-lights in an image. On a Mac, Option+Control+tilde. I looked under keyboard shortcuts, but can find how to return to this feature. Can anyone help?

k
        04-11-2007, 12:30 PM
      • Siciliana
        Stupid keyboard shortcut fix needed
        by Siciliana
        OK, I'm feeling kind of silly but I accidentally overwrote the keyboard shortcut for last filter with options for input(ie, set radius for blur). It was command+option+F. I want to set it back but now I can't find out where that setting is in the keyboard shortcut menu... how do I fix this?
        11-03-2011, 11:17 PM
      Working...
      X