• Show
Clear All

• Tweaking GIMP to be more like Photoshop

Good article on some (IMHO) necessary additions/tweaks to GIMP

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009...ace-photoshop/
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Re: Tweaking GIMP to be more like Photoshop

having not read the article, this may be out of line, but why not just use gimpshop?

Comment

Re: Tweaking GIMP to be more like Photoshop

Personally, I happen to like the GIMP interface as is, but the article does have some cool info concerning CMYK separations and a good plugin for that. The thing that I really like about GIMP is the endless "skinning" enhancements and folk that help develope this gem and for free. Homebrew is what started the computer revolution and I'm extremely happy that many still want to keep that atmosphere and share their findings and work with other enthusiast. Anyway, I do appreciate you sharing this site Doug. I actually bookmarked it (and I seldom bookmark any site anymore).

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• keiser
        Photoshop and gimp
        by keiser
        Can Photoshop and gimp exist on the hardrive with out problems?
        My sister wants to learn Photoshop but does not have the funds for the program. So I thought I would check it out for her, but not if it will cause problems with my CS3 extended.

And what is Gimpshop, is it the same...
        01-02-2008, 08:51 AM
      • Craig Walters
        GimpShop ... The Gimp gone Photoshop
        by Craig Walters
        i was recently watching tech tv's 'The Screensavers' (now called Attack of the Show). this was a week or two ago. they had a short release and review of a conversion of 'The Gimp' into this new thing called Gimpshop. the hack basically takes the Gimp's interface and changes it into something more resembling...
        04-26-2005, 05:07 PM
      • lkroll
        GIMP 2.10.0 is now released.
        by lkroll
        Literally years in the making. Below's my assessment that I posted elsewhere already.

OK; am using samj's portable version(s) which allows me to keep 2.8.22 intact. GIMP 2.10.00 no longer supports Mathmap period (either 32-bit or 64-bit). PSPI still works but only in 32-bit version of GIMP....
        GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program: The Free and Open Source Image Editor
        05-05-2018, 10:00 PM
      • Mike
        Gimp
        by Mike
        I had a customer give me a copy of a program called "Gimp". Its a image manipulation, free program.

Does anyone have any experiance with this or any comments about it?

Thanks in advance

Mike
        11-25-2002, 09:23 PM
      • Allie3513
        Gimp/Gimpshop Anyone?
        by Allie3513
        Just wondering if anyone uses here gimp or gimpshop, and if it can be used for glitz pageant retouching purposes as well. I have yet to find any tutorials for these programs here. (Although I have found the photoshop ones that might work) Just trying to decide if I should purchase a photoshop program...
        08-08-2007, 05:36 PM
      Working...
      X