mask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mask

If I'm working on an adjustment layer mask is there a command where I can actually see the mask on the screen instead of the photo?

Re: mask

alt + click the mask in the layers palette

Comment

And Alt+Click it a 2nd time to return to the layer view.
      Regards, Murray

Comment

thanks...learning...never ending...

Comment

You can also hit the \ key to view it in Quick Mask mode (ie semi-transparent). This is handy from time to time.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Rexx
            Too many masks = ugly
            by Rexx
            I am sure every beginner has this problem, yet I cannot find any tips on it. I am probably not looking long enough or in the wrong places

Here is my problem.

I have an image detail that I need to mask, let us say it is too dark.
            Ok, I mask it using a contrast...
            04-04-2004, 10:44 PM
          • Boneappetit
            Difference layer mask
            by Boneappetit
            I just want to know, how to create a Difference layer mask... maybe the correct term is Difference mask, i'm not sure...
            04-09-2011, 01:53 PM
          • Saucisson
            warp a layer with it's mask??
            by Saucisson
            Hello all,

Tis not often I ask for help!

I'm trying to figure out how to (if possible) warp in cs3/4 a layer with mask, and affect the mask as well.

Usually I check my mask, and apply, but for this job, I need to keep the mask in place.

With...
            04-08-2010, 12:41 PM
          • skoobey
            Mask tells no lies
            by skoobey
            Easiest way to know you're doing good job "carving", shaping,shading or DNBining, whatever you want to call it is to take a look at your mask. If masks looks nothing like the person in the image, neither will results.
            04-29-2015, 01:27 PM
          • inskip
            Question about layer masks.
            by inskip
            I read the tutorials and I understand how to create layer masks. But, where I'm unclear when it comes to LM is how they relate to the other layers and masks. For instance, I have an image that needs to be color corrected, noise reduced and sharpened, therefore, it will probably have adjustment layers...
            07-29-2005, 03:22 PM
          Working...
          X