Adobe Lightroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Lightroom

I recently downloaded the Lightroom trial, and I have to admit, i am impressed. I figurd out a work flow that worked for me in a matter of a couple of hours.

Here is my problem. I worked on my RAW photos, made crops, adjustments, etc and exported to JPEGS to post, no issues. I closed lightroom.

Now I have reopened Lightroom and none of the settings are still there. I am used to Bridge where it rights your changes to the XMP file and next time you open Bridge your adjustments are there.

What did I miss in Lightroom. I have to try and duplicate my work now.

Re: Adobe Lightroom

Bridge has two options for saving the adjustments to a RAW file. One is an .XMP or it saves all the changes in a log file. Which method it uses depends on what was chosen in the Prefences / Options. It could be that Lightroom has the same two options. Check the prefs to see if that is the case.
    You can also do a Windows search for *.XMP to see if it the XMP files were created but stored elsewhere on your system.
    Regards, Murray

Comment

Re: Adobe Lightroom

Norcal

Aside from Murray's point, when you opened up LR, all the changes you did to each image should still be there in the Develop Panel. They do not just disappear unless you click back in history and start correcting again.
      Like Bridge, you can have LR make a separate sidecar or embed.

Chris

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• testerke
        Lightroom Export setup
        by testerke
        Hello,

I use photoshop and lightroom too. Usually I do changes in lightroom and export the file to edit in PS. My photoshop, monitor and lightroom are calibrated to Adobe rgb 1998.
        The problem is the export option. I use the "Original" file option and with this I can still...
        10-11-2015, 04:57 AM
      • memphishooter
        Lightroom and Bridge
        by memphishooter
        Among those of you who are waist deep (or higher) into PhotoShop and Lightroom, WHAT are the separate uses of Lightroom and Bridge? They seem to do the same thing! I don't know why Adobe needed Bridge, when Lightroom offers so many primping/adjusting possibilities. Can somebody explain the differen...
        12-03-2015, 05:00 PM
      • crazyfly1
        Lightroom "Revert?"
        by crazyfly1
        This is actually 2 questions. First, ya know how in Photoshop you can revert an image back to it's initial stage? Well I have 40000 images in a lightroom cat (I know, I know) and there are a lot of edits. I want to take all of the images back to the beginning. The reset function will take the pictures...
        10-06-2012, 06:21 PM
      • memphishooter
        Lightroom saves! (so does Jesus)
        by memphishooter
        When you work on an image, I am told that Lightroom automatically saves the work. WHERE TO? HOW DO YOU FIND SOMETHING it has saved, and pigeonholed somewhere?
        10-03-2015, 04:46 PM
      • memphishooter
        saving work in Lightroom
        by memphishooter
        How do you save work in Lightroom, other than to export the file? I don't see but one "done" button, which goes away after just one adjustment. I am used to being able to save a work as I go along, but I don't see how its done in the develop mode. Ideas? Thanks!
        03-11-2016, 10:16 PM
      Working...
      X