ClearType - XP users notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ClearType - XP users notice

Just a brief heads up for XP users who may not be aware of a new(ish) function that changes the fonts on the screen to a far more readable version (has to be seen to be believed)
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p...er/default.asp (sorry for the ugly link)

I hope that if you have not yet discovered this hidden gem, that it is as much of a revelation to you as it was to me

That is so wild. I feel like I am looking at text in photoshop though. It could take some getting used to.

Comment

I didn't know it existed either. With my screen settings I really needed something like this. Thanks Mike. It makes a big difference already.
      DJ

Comment

I knew about ClearType but I didn't know you have to turn it on.
        Thanks for the info.
        Tony

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• jeaniesa
          Upgrading to Windows XP?
          by jeaniesa
          I've been wanting to start a similar thread to Ed's, but with a slightly different twist. It seems like most people who have XP got it with a new machine. I don't have a need for a new machine, but am considering upgrading from Windows 98 to XP (esp. since 98 is starting to act weird again and it...
          01-12-2002, 09:17 AM
        • Roger Roberts
          Any problems running PS6+PS7 on Win XP
          by Roger Roberts
          I was wondering if anyone was having problems with PS6 and PS7 installed on Win XP. Seems like I read somewhere on a newsgroup that some people did. I am considering taking advantage of the rebate on Amazon but would like to keep PS6 installed because of the books and tutorials I have yet to learn on...
          05-22-2002, 09:34 PM
        • Ed_L
          Windows XP
          by Ed_L
          I thought this might be a good place for you to add any interesting tidbits about XP since it's becoming more popular. Maybe you've found something that won't be easily noticed by others? Disclaimer: I have a new computer coming with XP, so the little goodies (or quirks) that come with it would be of...
          01-12-2002, 08:11 AM
        • jeaniesa
          Win2K vs WinXP
          by jeaniesa
          Well, after planning for months to upgrade to Windows XP (from Win 98), I decided to double check that there are drivers for all of my peripherals. As it turns out, there is NOT a driver for my Minolta film scanner - and when I called Minolta support about this, I was informed that there would nev...
          05-09-2002, 08:31 PM
        • gblount
          New Computer W/xp Problems
          by gblount
          I just purchased a new HP comp running Windows XP. After loading my software including PS Elements and Norton System Works, Elements is just not working properly.

So far I have found that when cropping, the crop lines jump large spaces during adjustment, when I click the print command,...
          10-31-2002, 02:34 PM
        Working...
        X