Removing/Reinstalling GoBack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing/Reinstalling GoBack

I had to uninstall and reinstall GoBack as the result of Nortons utilities running amok and corrupting the files. I discovered that simply using the uninstall function will not completely remove all registry entries and when you try to reinstall, the program kindly informs you that"... the uninstall is complete..." then shuts down. As the support is only free for 90 days and it costs $35.00 for tech. advice from Roxio, save yourself some money and do this after letting the Uninstaller "do it's thing" ( which, by the way, takes about 15 minutes!!):
    (1) From START menu select RUN
    (2) type regedit then hit OK
    (3) From the menu that appears click on HKEY LOCAL MACHINE
    (4) Then click on the "+" next to the SOFTWARE folder
    (5) At the bottom of the list that appears find the file labled "ROXIO"
    (6) Rt. click it and select DELETE
    (7) Close out and reinstall Goback.... Tom

Seems like a problem with their software ought to result in a no-charge call. Not exactly a policy that gets you excited about buying the next version or another product they sell.

Thx for sharing the experience & how-to.
    Danny

Comment

Yea...I was a bit less than happy when I found out about the policy...it will influence my further purchase of Roxio products...
      Happily, I had run across this problem with files which refuse to go away before ...so knew approx. what to do...
      One other thing, I clear out the back up files Go Back generates once a week...at first I didnt and noticed that the Computer slowed down...also a Registry back up is a good idea. Just in case.....Tom

Comment

Tom, thanks for this tip. Where are the GoBack back-up files kept?

Jeanie

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Sanda
          Turn them off?
          by Sanda
          There's probably been a thread on this before but I can seem to find it right now.(you watch I'll find it after I've posted this, lol)
          Even though I have a lot of memory I'm finding that I' running out of resources quite regularly. It seems the more memory I put in the more the computer seems...
          08-27-2002, 08:57 PM
        • Craig Walters
          Two days of hell ... trojan horse probs
          by Craig Walters
          well, i've just spent the last two days trying to get rid of a virus, a trojan horse type, Zlob. this was one nasty sucker to get rid of. it hijacked my browser, stuck some 'security' software on my system, and drove me just about nuts for two days.

part of this thing is the 'mssearchnet.exe'...
          04-12-2006, 11:50 PM
        • thomasgeorge
          Roxio GoBack 3
          by thomasgeorge
          Following a recient O/S firey crash and burn, I decided that some sort of data backup and recovery software had to be avaliable which would at least allow for recovery from such software induced horrors, so, after a diligent search, I took the easy way out and asked an expert on such matters--one of...
          11-21-2001, 10:03 PM
        • unimatrix001
          Computer problems: spyware mainly
          by unimatrix001
          I have been rather busy lately removing several spyware programs from computers. These people that i remove the spyware and viruses for, always ask me how they got it and if they can prevent it. I find it very hard to give them an answer they are happy with. Usually the first thing they say is i don't...
          09-25-2010, 03:10 PM
        • Paulie
          Image downloading problems
          by Paulie
          don't know if anyone can help me here. As far as i know i have'nt changed any settings on my browser, but when i try to download an image file from the web, the only option i got is to save it as a bmp file! The "save As" dialogue box always says "Untitled" by default, & bmp...
          11-29-2003, 04:40 AM
        Working...
        X