Adobe Illustrator question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Illustrator question

Hi there, I have a question about a certain tool or technique that may or may not exist in Illustrator cs4.

First I'd like to say, I'm not sure how to explain this, so I'll try my best.
    I was wondering if there was a way to average or relax the points that make up a line or shape. I have made a custom shape using the pen tool, I'd like to "relax" the shape smoothing it out, and I don't mean the smooth edges option.

The closest example that I can relate to this is 3ds max (sorry ) When unwrapping in 3ds max you can "relax" the vertices using the relax tool in the UVW unwrap edit mode. I'm trying to find out if there is a tool in illustrator that can create that same effect. Any help is appreciated.

thank you

Re: Adobe Illustrator question

Thinking back to my days as a Illustrator user - there is something called 'simplify'. Let me see - Object/path/simplify.

Comment

Re: Adobe Illustrator question

Awesome! exactly what I need, thanks!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• mack6
        Illustrator Measuring tool Question
        by mack6
        Hi everyone my name is Ron, and I've been a member for years and have posted a couple of times. Can someone tell me If the measuring tool in Illustrator can be set at a particular length? In other words, Can I set the measuring tool to, let say, 3.5" with out It retracting, and move It around the...
        09-11-2009, 01:03 PM
      • domromer
        illustrator question
        by domromer
        Is there a sight like retouch pro , but for adobe illustrator instead? Or does anyone know of a place I can get free illustrator tutorials? I need to learn the program
        09-09-2006, 09:47 PM
      • Repairman
        Polygonal Lasso question
        by Repairman
        I am working at a customer site at the moment and using PS6. When using the polygonal lasso tool to draw a continuous line around angular shapes the pen jumps to close the line before I'm finished making the shape. Is there a box that needs ticking somewhere to disenable that 'feature'?
        05-04-2014, 11:38 AM
      • jtd131
        Stupid Question? Maybe so, but I ask anyways..
        by jtd131
        When/why do you actually need the pen tool? Why develop paths? Forgive me if this was already answered in another post. In reference to retouching, that is.
        06-06-2009, 12:52 PM
      • Poppi
        New adobe photoshop question
        by Poppi
        Sorry if this is the wrong forum but it has been a while since I have done any restorations. I only assumed that Adobe would have a new version of Photoshop out by now. I currently use ver. 7.0. Is there any reason to look for a new version? I don't do anything fancy, I just do pretty basic repairs...
        09-23-2007, 04:26 PM
      Working...
      X