Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handling file as GIF in Photoshop/Image Ready

Software Photoshop CS2/Image Ready CS2

I was wondering if anyone had experienced this and knows an easy way out.
    I found that Image Ready would allow me to save files in PSD format only, while Photoshop can save in pretty much any format. I remember installing Photoshop/Image Ready together. During the installation I was asked to select file types to be handled by PS and by Image Ready. I selected to have all files to be associated with PS. Now I would like to use Image Ready to work with GIF, but I can not save the file as GIF in Image ready. So far I could not find any way to change the file association that I set at installation, and I would like to avoid re-installing the soft.

Many thanks.
    Pavel

Re: Handling file as GIF in Photoshop/Image Ready

Windows? right click on a gif file, choose open, select Image Ready program or browse for it (check always use this program).

Comment

Originally posted by MiningArt View Post
      Windows? right click on a gif file, choose open, select Image Ready program or browse for it (check always use this program).
      Thank you.
      I can open a GIF file in Image Ready, this is not a problem.
      Unfortunately I can not save a file as GIF, I can only save a file as PSD from Image Ready. I was hoping to find a hidden option to change which program handles GIF, no luck so far.

Pavel

Comment

OK, I reread your first and it is plain to me now. I don't think file associations have anything to do with what Image Ready can save as. Judging from this list it should be straight forward. I did read a few comments on the web about not being able to save animated gifs.

from a web search:
        Go to Windows --> Optimize Then Change the format from JPG to GIF
        go FILE - SAVE OPTIMIZED AS and gif is default
        or
        File > View In > (browser) and save

ImageReady file types:
        http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/331/331305.html
        Last edited by MiningArt; 07-22-2009, 08:18 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Tnank you. Pavel

Comment