ComparePSD (free) - comparing psd files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ComparePSD (free) - comparing psd files

"Compare two Adobe Photoshop files layer-by-layer. A must-have tool for Photoshop professionals."

http://pixelnovel.com/comparepsd

Looks interesting - anybody tried it yet? The price (free) is right.

PC only as of January 2010; Mac version apparently in the works.

Re: ComparePSD (free) - comparing psd files

Hi Danny. I can't say that I have ever had the need to compare files in such a manner and not likely to. Most people have a system of naming files in a descriptive manner as they save them. Most professionals have sufficient information in file names and metadata and Group/Layer naming to be able to locate what they are looking for. And even if someone did have a bunch of .psd 1 through n files, this application will only compare two files at a time. Yes, I can see some applicability, but probably very limited.
    Perhaps others with different workflows have opposite opinions. In any case, thank you for sharing this with us.
    Regards, Murray

Comment

Thanks Danny,
      Very useful, I'll use this in pair with MysticThumbs.

Comment

Norton reports a virus in the comparePSD setup file.

Christine

Comment

NOD32 doesn't.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Fazools
            PSD to TIFF?
            by Fazools
            A few years ago I thought I knew what I was doing, whereas now I KNOW I DO NOT! heh. I scanned a bunch of photos at 2400 ppi and saved them as PSD files. I know now that I should have saved them as TIFF files. In regards to compression, did those files get compressed when saved as PSD files? and if...
            05-05-2006, 10:14 PM
          • Caravaggio
            converting files from psd to psb
            by Caravaggio
            A psd file I am working on has gotten too big to save as a psd. If I convert it to psb format will there be any degradation of the image? I did the conversion and there was none that I could tell, but I would like to hear from more knowledgable users than myself. I would save to the more common tif...
            02-21-2011, 03:51 PM
          • Floyd Peter
            Fully layered PSD files from quality retouchers
            by Floyd Peter
            Hi,

wanted to ask for recommendation on where to get some quality, fully layered psd files from retouchers that know what they are doing. I understand giving away your psd files is not really a common practice, but surely there must be a couple good ones that were made available for learning...
            02-05-2016, 02:26 AM
          • Lucile Davis
            Need a "Previewer" for PSD and TIFF files
            by Lucile Davis
            I am looking for something to make searches on my own PC easier. Can anyone recommend software that will preview quickly graphic file images (PSD and TIFF) without opening them, giving a large-size look similar to the Preview slide show feature that Windows offers when one highlights a list of JPG...
            09-11-2011, 01:58 PM
          • ekuna
            Zip File?
            by ekuna
            How can I put a few raw files into a Zip. -
            so I can e-mail them without using any
            additional software? I'm using Mac.
            Ctr + compress doesn't reduce the file size,
            so I need some other suggestions, please.

Thank you.
            12-09-2010, 08:52 PM
          Working...
          X