• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop: Channels

I wish one day I could do something like that:
    Attached Files

Re: Channels

Well, it can work ;-)
    Just check out my action here: http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...tml#post256198
    It separates the RGB channels and puts them in your layers palette so you can work on them however you want to :-)

Attached a sample.
    But to tell you the truth, for adding adjustment layers just to individual channels you won't need this. Just double click on the adj. layer and in the Advanced Blending section uncheck the channels you don't want to affect.

Edit: Oh, and if that's taking to long for you (it'd for me I know, I'm lazy ;-)), just create one single adjustment layer, uncheck the channels you don't want to affect and clip every new layer to it for which you just want the selected channel(s) to be affected.
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Channels

Thanks Jonas, the action is great & the PSD file excellent. These are perfect building blocks for an extension panel.

____ I've created a simple panel that enables me to view each channel in grayscale with a possibility of a quick switching between them, while I am adjusting the B/C.
      I hope you don't mind me using your action.

_____ Here you can download the panel.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by chillin; 01-30-2010, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RAdams
        Merge channel action
        by RAdams
        Hi all,
        I have been trying to create an action for swapping channels. I am able to record "split channels", but when I merge channels it does not record. No amount of talking or pleading with the program seems to help
        I'm using PS 6.01...thanks for any help.
        Randy...
        10-14-2003, 08:57 AM
      • jarulex
        channels/layers
        by jarulex
        Good Morning Folks
        someone could tell me 'how to duplicate a channel and transfer it in to layers palette'?
        May be should I save the duplicate channel 'as a layer'?
        Thanks in advance. Paolo
        04-25-2009, 03:17 AM
      • Doug Nelson
        Turning RGB channels into layers
        by Doug Nelson
        I needed to do this while experimenting on a file for another thread and found the technique was slipping from my memory and I had to look it up again. I thought I'd write it down here so I wouldn't forget.

This technique was invented by Richard Lynch for Elements users to be able to...
        03-21-2011, 07:56 PM
      • Doug Nelson
        [Definition] Alpha Channel
        by Doug Nelson
        Most color modes ("indexed" being the only exception that comes to mind) are made up of "color channels". As counter-intuitive as it may seem, each of these color channels is actually an internal grayscale file that represents the dispersal and intensity of its color. By "internal...
        02-02-2002, 11:50 AM
      • FinderBinder
        Applying masks to individual RGB channels
        by FinderBinder
        Hey All,

In RGB mode, is it possible to apply a layer mask to a component channel in a layer, instead of affecting all three channels (RGB) at once? I'm guessing no, since every layer has only one alpha channel for transparency (A). But what about a simulation?

To approach...
        07-08-2015, 12:54 PM
      Working...
      X