Photoshop CS5 and the Yeti Apocalypse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop: Photoshop CS5 and the Yeti Apocalypse

Hey guys, I've spent the week collecting as much of the spurious rumour, conjecture and nonsense about the upcoming release of Photoshop CS5 from the internet as possible

http://www.dmeadowsdesign.com/retouc...-new-features/

I thought you might like to share my findings and baselessly discuss with me the possibilities afforded by the new 64bit only Photoshop CS5, including the new tool for removing the dreaded Yeti from your nature photographs.

Re: Photoshop CS5 and the Yeti Apocalypse

You also have to include the hyper advance GUI, but require's a heck of a lot of GPUs to render. lol

http://thenextweb.com/2008/11/07/pro...-hyperrealism/

Comment

Originally posted by lkroll View Post
      You also have to include the hyper advance GUI, but require's a heck of a lot of GPUs to render. lol

http://thenextweb.com/2008/11/07/pro...-hyperrealism/
      I hope there's a roll of rubylith in one those box files. I thought of including this actually, but decided against it as the humour's already there.

I thought I'd concentrate on making fun of the rampant conjecture, as there are so many people around at the moment who swear that their sister's boyfriend met a guy who cleans the windows at Adobe and he says it's definitely out in April

Comment

Thanks Adobe, but in order to stay employed, I need Photoshop retouching to be a lot harder, not easier!

Comment

Originally posted by twopoint0 View Post
          Thanks Adobe, but in order to stay employed, I need Photoshop retouching to be a lot harder, not easier!
          True, but (if genuine) it seems the new tools are aimed at snapshot quick fixes, I don't think we need to panic just yet

Comment

Daniel, thanks for gathering the info. That "content aware fill" looks really good - at least for creating usable prints / online images for friends. I'm still using CS3, and figure that CS5 would be my next upgrade, and seeing some of the new features reinforces that thinking.

twopoint, I think Daniel is correct about not needing to panic yet -- most people don't buy Photoshop, and most who buy it probably don't use many features. Only the pros and the ones who want to become pros are going to spend much time and real effort on retouching - the other folks will get rid of a few lightpoles and be ready to stop. Hopefully, no one will use it to eliminate even more of our bison (no, Daniel - not yetis).

Comment

Working...
            X