Clear All

• Cs5

Has anyone gotten and played with CS5?

Re: Cs5

Yes, it is awesome!
    Regards, Murray

Comment

When I've update in the past I always got a 30 day inivitation to Lynda.com and it gave me time to review some of the new features and/or their would be a training DVD include. This time nothing. I looked around the adobe site and still couldn't find any tutorial on the new features...where should I be going? There must be some free stuff out there?

Comment

Skydog, if you are a member of NAPP, they have a video on every significant new CS5 features and a special CS5 addendum to the June edition of PhotoshopUser Magazine.
        Adobe held a press conference on April 12 where they demo'd the new CS5 features for about an hour. That entire session was posted on their website. Lynda.com has released a bunch of new CS5 training courses, there is stuff at Photoshop Cafe. There is probably a ton of other stuff out there if you poke around.
        Regards, Murray

Comment

Russel Brown has some tutorial movies.

http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html

I believe there are also some free ones on Lynda.com

Christine

Comment

Skydog - I posted this days ago! -- Deke McClelland at Lynda.com - free videos demonstrating new features of Photoshop CS5 - videos

As Murray and Christine said - NAPP, Russell Brown, etc.

Tutorials for painting - twinpixels as well as Adobe's Julianne Kost --
            new painting brush tips
            Mixer brush

I really love this upgrade, although I'm still getting used to some of the changes (I moved from CS3 so there's a lot of new stuff for me). The interface is neater, the content aware fill works very well, the painting is fun (although I'm not a painter), the mini-bridge is very helpful, the latest Camera Raw is included, and I'm trying puppet warp on a project I'm working on - takes me some time to figure out where to place the pins, but it's fun while I'm learning (which is always true of Photoshop).
            Last edited by CJ Swartz; 05-15-2010, 11:03 PM.

Comment

My subscription just ran out at NAPP so I needed to regroup before spending more $. Just upgraded to CS5 Premium...I'm sure Lightroom 3 is just around the corner. Just looking for some free stuff until I rejoint NAPP. Again tutorials have been include in the past when upgrading...not apparent this time...

Comment

I need some help. Russell Brown's video's are in Quicktime. I did install quicktime, but each time I try to load the program it wants to come up in Window Media Player. I'm sure there are some settings I need to change to get it to load in quicktime...I'm using Windows 7 and explorer 8. thanks

Comment

Hi skydog, open a quicktime player and click yes to associate files with it in a pop up window (see the attachment below).
                  If this doesn't work, copy the link location & paste it in the field "File->Open URL" in a Quicktime.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Another way to change your file association for quicktime is to hit your Start button and do a search (in the Windows 7 search box at the bottom ) for "file associations" - the 1st choice may be "make a file always open in a specific application" - click on that and you will get a list of file types / file extensions. Look for ".mov" and click on it to change it from Windows media player to Quicktime.

Comment

Skydog, if you still haven't gotten your free gift for updating to CS5, see the following link:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2806391#2806391

Ellie Dee

Comment

thanks everyone...I will do as you say for quicktime and report back...and ellie dee..I will check out the free gift...why so complicated this time? Did anyone else choose their gift...and what did you take?

Comment

Thanks, Ellie Dee - I hadn't noticed that at all, and would have missed it without your post.

skydog - one of the options is the 30 day free training at Lynda.com, so I chose it, again. I do plan on becoming a member when I get a bit of money ahead, but right now I'm going to enjoy the free 30 days.

Comment

Thanks from me too, Ellie Dee. I was wondering why there appeared to be no freebie with CS5 like with CS3 and CS4. Now I know it was there all the time.

skydog - I really liked the 30-day Lynda.com subscription - so much that I'm now a member. This time around I got the Phototools 2.5. Financially, that was much more 'rewarding' (as long as you don't already have it).

Comment

i've only tried it out for about 20 minutes, i still don't understand why they changed the curves UI/keyboard commands..i'll see if john nack has a work around on his site...

Comment

Working...
                              X