Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with camera raw color profile

Hi,

When I open a photo in Camera Raw, colors are washed out and when they switch in photoshop they become stronger and different. I have a HP2475w monitor calibrated using spyder3elite tool. I was set the Color settings in Photoshop to the calibrated settings while the camera raw does not have that option. Otherwise, when the photos transferred from Canon DPP program, the colors are the same in DPP and Photoshop.
    How can I solve this problem?

Thank you.

Re: Problems with camera raw color profile

If you have you Color Mismatch boxes checked in Photoshop's Edit>Color Settings, then when Camera Raw opens the file in PS, PS will present a warning box telling you the image has a profile that is different from your working space and it will offer you choice to convert, to display in embedded color space, or to ignore the profile. If you ignore, then all of the colors will look different.
    Regards, Murray

Comment

I did it and when I convert it the colors are same in PS and ACR but they are dull.
      The colors are faded now as when they are converted from the DPP.
      But when I turn off profile mismatches, the photos in the DPP are the same as in PS.
      I mention that the color settings in DPP is sRGB, same as in ACR.
      Last edited by vuk8691; 10-12-2010, 05:27 AM.

Comment

You’ve got some kind of color settings issue. The images you see in ACR will perfectly match what you see after rendering in Photoshop. Make sure at the very least your PS color settings are set so the policies are set to Preserve and the warning check boxes below are all on. Sounds like you have a different RGB working space set in Photoshop than you are asking from ACR and you have the polices set to off.

IF the colors match in ACR and Photoshop and are both dull, you need to learn to use ACR to make the image appears as you desire (that’s what all them sliders are for <g>).

Comment

Originally posted by vuk8691 View Post
          Hi,

I was set the Color settings in Photoshop to the calibrated settings
          Thank you.
          What Color Space (Edit>Color Settings) is PS set to as its working color space?

Regards, Murray

Comment

Originally posted by mistermonday View Post

Regards, Murray
            I use spyder3 calibrated profile.

Comment

I use spyder3 calibrated profile.
              Thats for your display.What RGB Working Space, configured in Color Settings are you using?

Comment

IF the colors match in ACR and Photoshop and are both dull, you need to learn to use ACR to make the image appears as you desire (that’s what all them sliders are for <g>).[/QUOTE]

Yes, but the image in ACR on settings "as shot" is quite different then in Canon DPP program where the colors are much better.

Comment

Yes, but the image in ACR on settings "as shot" is quite different then in Canon DPP program where the colors are much better.
                  Of course it is, they are two different raw converters.

As Shot is simply a metadata suggestion. The WB has no role in terms of the capture of the raw data. You can and should move the various sliders to produce a rendering you prefer. Those settings will not translate to any other raw converter. Both ACR and presumably DPP have a default rendering setup. If you don’t like the default in ACR, you can roll your own new user default. From there you can adjust (season to taste) or just render the data.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewrodney View Post
                    Of course it is, they are two different raw converters.

As Shot is simply a metadata suggestion. The WB has no role in terms of the capture of the raw data. You can and should move the various sliders to produce a rendering you prefer. Those settings will not translate to any other raw converter. Both ACR and presumably DPP have a default rendering setup. If you don’t like the default in ACR, you can roll your own new user default. From there you can adjust (season to taste) or just render the data.
                    Yes, it could be like that. Thank you.
                    Tomorow I'll see what Color Space is PS set to as its working color space because it's on my working place.

Comment

One more thing, when I put photos from the DPP to PS they looks same in both programs, no matter what the DPP is set to sRGB as a ACR from which, when put photos in PS they change color.

Sorry for my bad english.

Comment

If I remember well DPP "remembers" the in-camera jpeg settings and applies them to the raw, which ACR does not. So maybe you should check your jpeg setting in cam?

Comment

Originally posted by amica999 View Post
                          If I remember well DPP "remembers" the in-camera jpeg settings and applies them to the raw, which ACR does not. So maybe you should check your jpeg setting in cam?
                          Well soft of. Its probably close. And DNG profiles attempt to do the same thing. IF you want the JPEG rendering, shoot and capture in JPEG.The idea behind a raw workflow is having the flexibility of rendering anyway you desire.

Comment

Originally posted by mistermonday View Post

Regards, Murray
                            Hi,
                            I use "Monitor RGB-HP Lp2475w Wide Lcd Monitor". That's profile I saved when I calibrated my Monitor.

Comment

Hi,
                              I use "Monitor RGB-HP Lp2475w Wide Lcd Monitor". That's profile I saved when I calibrated my Monitor.
                              That is the color space of your monitor as created by your Spyder 3calibration s/w & h/w. It is most usually NOT a good idea to use the monitor profile as your Working Space. You would be best to use one of the 5 standard working color spaces:
                              ProPhoto RGB
                              Adobe RGB
                              sRGB
                              ColorMatch RGB
                              Apple RGB
                              Regards, Murray

Comment