Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noise reduction - Comparison of products (link)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise reduction - Comparison of products (link)

Click HERE. Quite an enlightening review.

~DannyR~

GREAT link Danny!! Seems like I deal with noise all the time. Nice to know that what has evolved as my tool of choice (Neat Image) did so well stacked up to other applications.

Jeanie

Comment

Thank You Danny,

You don't know how much time and pain you just saved me! I just downloaded the Neat Image software (free version), I am impressed, I even feel a little guilty receiving this free of charge! What a difference it made to my wedding pictures from the '70's

Thanks Again

Craig Carlson
      Sebastopol,Ca.

Comment

Craig:

There's SO much good stuff on the net and so little time to find it. Considering how many times I've benefited from things I've found here at RetouchPRO, I'm glad this time I was able to share something that turned out to be a "golden nugget" for you.

May you go on a long and joyful noise reduction safari! Thanks for your kind words.

~Danny~

Comment

Another great link. Thanks Danny.

Comment

A link to further links on the subject of grain and noise:

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~binar...V_links.html#G

Stephen Marsh.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• sjm
              Noise Ninja for Macintosh!
              sjm
              by sjm
              I've been waiting for eons for Neat Image to create a Mac version of their spectacular noise reduction software. Well, the wait it over! Not for Neat Image though. There is now a free beta version of Noise Ninja that appears to be just as powerful as Neat Image.

I just downloaded...
              04-24-2004, 04:55 PM
            • mytac
              Advice on Noise Reduction pls.
              mytac
              by mytac
              Hey all,, me again

Can someone let me know where I can get a good tutorial, or what software is good for noise reduction.

See the attached image, I have done some basic scratch removal and a bit of clone work, but I was wondering the best way to remove the general noise within...
              07-31-2008, 03:36 AM
            • scott watson
              Noise Reduction
              scott watson
              by scott watson
              After trying out Noiseware, Neat Image and Noise Ninja plugins I decided to purchase Noiseware Pro.
              I would like to know when is the best time to get rid of the noise. On the images I work on I will be doing alot of cloning to remove various elements in the image.
              Do you think its...
              12-03-2006, 01:21 PM
            • Ayasdi
              Neat Image/Noise Ninja vs. Photoshop CS2
              Ayasdi
              by Ayasdi
              Greetings All,

After reading some recommendations on this board, I've experimented with Neat Image for noise reduction and have been impressed with its capabilities. But, I'm also testing the new noise reduction filter in PSCS2.

I'm interested in hearing from folks out...
              08-07-2006, 05:18 PM
            • imann08
              Getting rid of digital noise in LAB
              imann08
              by imann08
              In a recent trip to London, I took a ton of pictures. Almost all of them were taken with an ISO that was much too high. The result was enough digital noise to make one go deaf. Getting rid of digital noise has been one of the areas that I have had the most trouble with. I don't know if I am dealing...
              02-18-2006, 10:58 PM
            Working...
            X