No announcement yet.

photoshop gone weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is rather apparent. . . .your keyboard is possessed.

Comment

Sandra, Iknow how frustrating these things can br. I just put a new H.P. into service 2 weeks ago running XP and a P4. I did a couple of restorations and everything seemed ok. Then, while using PS Elements, I clicked the color picker on a spot and the weave of the paper on the photo I was restoring got into everything in PS. I tried all the suggestions mentiond here that also apply to PS, and got help from Adobe. nothing worked!
      I finally tried to get online support from HP, and that is when everything crashed. I was unable to do a re-boot from the recovery section of the hard drive.

I got HP on the phone: I had to unhook all periphals and keep pressing F-10 until the comp finally did a re-boot. Fortunatly,I didn't have a lot of data stored; just a lot of programs loaded, because this was a totally destructive process.

After the re-boot and re-installation of programs, everything is working perfectly. I do know that a lot of stuff that HP adds on the drive, ie: tryouts and free stuff was also destroyed with the reboot, and I suspect that the problem was somewhere in these add-ons.

I'm gald things are finally working for you and hope they keep doing so...Just thought I would let you know my experiences with XP, PS and ETC...Gregory

Comment

I regularly hover my keyboard - so stop bits of dust etc. getting lodged in my keyboard. I don't advise doing this with a dyson - it will probably take the keys off!

Glad your up and running again

Clare

Comment

You all reminded me of a problem I was having with programs acting weird. It turned out that my "Shift" key was stuck down just enough to cause problems, but not be noticeable.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• anka
            How to recover a file in photoshop
            by anka
            Hello all! Sorry if it is the wrong place for this thread.
            I had a psd file. I've edited it and mistakingly saved the edited version and then closed it. Is there any way to recover the previous version?
            Any help is appreciated.
            Anna.
            09-21-2010, 08:51 AM
          • Doug Nelson
            Deleting Photoshop preferences
            by Doug Nelson
            Sometimes Photoshop will start exhibiting weirdness. Palettes may disappear, tools may start performing contrary to our wishes (or not at all). Options may seemingly change of their own volition. These and many other symptoms are commonly caused by the preferences file becoming corrupt. Anytime you...
            05-20-2002, 12:20 AM
          • hvinck
            Help-menu pops up multiple times in CS
            by hvinck
            I have experienced a strange event while working with CS. In the middle of my workflow the help-screen interferes what I am doing and multiplies itself in several copies. Any attempt to close down such a window results in openening even more windows. Impossible to close those help-files. The more...
            12-21-2004, 04:35 AM
          • Mona
            Photoshop Working File
            by Mona
            Hello,

I have an unusual question about Photoshop. Can someone tell me what the Photoshop Working File is and where it is located? Briefly, I was trying to track down a Adware/Redirect problem on my computer and noticed a ZIP file that keeps reappearing in my temp folder. I only have...
            09-04-2004, 08:54 PM
          • KathyNinMD
            Edited preferences-Elements won't open
            by KathyNinMD
            I'm running Vista on a PC. Today I edited my preferences in Elements 5 to use my external drive as a scratch disk. I also installed the Impressionist filter in an added folder within my main Adobe folder. I did this for Photoshop 7 and it worked fine. I made the exact same change in Elements, and now...
            08-16-2008, 10:22 AM
          Working...
          X