Filter Forge 3 released: 40% off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filter Forge 3 released: 40% off

The final version of Filter Forge 3 has been released at a 60% discount (discount corrected).
    Last edited by plugsnpixels; 12-01-2011, 02:12 PM.

Re: Filter Forge 3 released: 40% off

the discount will vary. they have a somewhat strange policy on discounts (strange in that it's more than i'd be tempted to give and more frequently).

regardless, it's a good version! a number of nice features have been added and yes, i still make filters using it. there are over 8000 filters in the FF library now, all free when you buy any version of the program. yes, there's a lot of not so hot filters in there, but there are also some extremely good ones. regardless of if you want just textures for your 3d work or effect filters for your art or photos, it's a damn good deal. (damn, i shld be working on commission )

Comment

I have been eyeing Filter Forge for some time. I could not pass up the 60% off list price sale going on right now. Thanks for posting the info

Comment

I just can't decide if I want to upgrade my 2.0 or if I want to invest in a version of Postwork Shop that will render bigger than 800px.

Your thoughts?

Comment

I would think you'd want both, as they are very different (though in some cases similar) beasts and between the two there is a lot of creative potential.

Here is a pic I took in the early '90s (in Massachusetts, I think) with the PostworkShop Pro treatment (full and detail).

Next I'll work one up with an example of FF treatment.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here's the same pic with multiple Filter Forge effects (Creative category) applied. One of a jillion combinations you can use.
            Attached Files

Comment

Also in Filter Forge, totally different (using one effect only).
              Attached Files

Comment

For what it's worth, here's the first picture I ever did with FilterForge. No retouch. Just Filter Forge.

http://www.filterforge.com/forum/rea...ID=14&TID=1611

And here's the most recent one I did. Except Filter Forge was only the foundation. I used other tools to futher refine the color and hair.

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/tur...tml#post301781

I did both using the FF Sketch and Color filter. If you have suggestions for this filter, let me know. I plan to update it soon.
                Last edited by Andrew B.; 12-19-2011, 04:17 PM.

Comment