Painter 7 -- $149 for Wacom owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painter 7 -- $149 for Wacom owners

This is a limited-time offer for Wacom owners who want to upgrade Painter Classic to Painter 7.

I found the annoucement at: http://www.creativepro.com/story/news/18318.html .

Here's a quote from the annoucement:

"Wacom tablet users can upgrade to the professional capabilities of Painter 7 for only $149USD. This offer is available for a limited time only. Painter Classic users can make the move to Painter 7 at www.wacom.com/painter7savings."

I have Painter 7 and it's excellent and that's a good deal. I especially love how it takes advantage of all Wacom pens features like the tilt feature. Classic doesn't do that. Great tip but unfortuately too late for me.
    DJ

Comment

THANKS Andrew!

Comment

DJ, I can play all day with the watercolour brushes in 7!

Comment

I got it a while ago from Wacom for $50 more. I for one dont like it as the watercolor brushes are nothing like in earlier versions and have no runny edge control whatever it was called. It gives a very runny soft watercolor and unlike the crispness you could get from earlier versions. There have been many complaints about this and I suspect they may change it in version 8.

Comment

I think if they change it, it will be to offer a way to choose either version. The new one offer a more realistic version of actual water color painting but I personally never was good at water colors myself. I always opted for acrylic or oils.
            DJ

Comment

Thanks for the info Andrew. I took advantage of the Wacom discount and just received my copy of Painter. I can't wait to start playing with it! I just love new toys and software!

~T

Comment

I just got my Painter 7 today. I had to hold off ordering until I had the money. Funny thing, I never expected to be a Painter user because I'm not an artist. But those brushes sure come in handy for touching up things in ways Photoshop cannot.

I was using Painter 7 Trial Version for almost three weeks before I ordered, so I've gotten to know the program a little. The range of features and ability to modify brushes is very impressive. And I like the way you can leave some menus open while painting (so you can make easy adjustments in the menu). I still have some trouble with the palettes. I can't seem to position them so I don't have to keep moving them.

Comment