Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool problems in PS7

Hi,
    Reading the threads about Photoshop acting weird I thought that I should report the problem I had just in case it is of help to somebody.
    Some of the PS tools became unavailable, ie eraser & background eraser stopped working, most of the brushes refused to work for the clone tool, the healing brush and the patch tool disappeared.

After much de-installing, re-installation, defrags, etc., I found out that it was my Wacom tablet causing the problem. If I left my tablet plugged in (USB of course), all these tools, and some others became unavailable to the normal mouse. This means that if my tablet, a Graphire 2, is plugged in I must use it's mouse and pen and not the PS/2 mouse.

Quite annoying!!

Welcome to RetouchPRO rogleale!

Thanks for that tip! You're correct that a lot of people seem to have experienced PS7 acting weird. Any info which might help clear up the weirdness is definitely appreciated!

Jeanie

Comment

Welcome aboard and thanks for the info. I have the older Intous and an IBM optical mouse with PS 7 and I've never had that problem. The only problem I have infrequently my cursor won move from a stopped position using the pen tool so I will grab the mouse and move it just a bit and then the pen works again. More of a glitch than anything but not that often to be a bother. My Wacom is plugged in to a USB port and my mouse is on a hub. Did you question Wacom about why that happens?
      DJ

Comment

Very fast response here for Wacom queries....

http://www.wacom-europe.com/forum/default.asp

Comment

Let me add my welcome, too, rogleale. Great that your first post was something very helpful.

Somewhere in the future it will no doubt save someone a lot of time and frustration.

Well done.

~DannyR~

Comment

Working...
          X