Free video editing software for Mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free video editing software for Mac?

I recently shot some clips on an iphone which I would like to edit on my Mac. Firstly I would like to crop out the black bars that appear left and right of the frames and secondly, reduce the HD resolution without creating blocking artefacts. Does anyone know of any simple to use free software that will do this and without overlaying watermarks. At the moment the clip is 300Mb and I want to upload to a facebook page. (my version of imovies won't crop or rotate files).

Cheers

Re: Free video editing software for Mac?

I thought an imovie update is only $15 or so...

there's;

http://download.cnet.com/mac/video-e...pp=&tag=narrow

Comment

Not free but ScreenFlow is awesome. Easy to use, powerful.

Comment

Thank you both. I won't get a lot of use out the software (never even had a use for imovies tbh) so I am just seeing what's about in the buckshee price range! UK prices are generally twice the price for hardware/software that you pay in the states

Comment

most everything has a 2-4 weeks free trial. If this is a one-off just use one of those. Corel just bought Pinnacle...why don't you start there?

Comment

Video Editor Mac is designed to help you split MP4 on Mac, trim MP4 on Mac and cut MP4 on Mac etc.

Comment

http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/

Comment

Try MPEG Streamclip (free). I think it has the abilities you're looking for.

"You can use MPEG Streamclip to open and play most movie formats including MPEG files or transport streams; edit them with Cut, Copy, Paste, and Trim; set In/Out points and convert them into muxed or demuxed files, or export them to QuickTime, AVI, DV and MPEG-4 files with more than professional quality, so you can easily import them in a DVD authoring tool, and use them with many other applications or devices."

Comment

Thanks for the links folks! More stuff to learn!

Comment

Originally posted by Repairman View Post
                    Thanks for the links folks! More stuff to learn!

DaVinci Resolve Lite
                    would also grant you some real grading capability. They don't disable as many features as you would expect considering it's a free version. If you want to grade 4k or stereoscopic stuff, you need the full version. It's mostly functional up to 2k res though, which is pretty awesome.

Comment