Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there a software to compare 2 images?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there a software to compare 2 images?

Hi

is there a software to compare 2 images?

for example 2 raw image converted

would like to have a program like this ,that can tell me colors shift r,g,b and different contrast

thanks

Re: is there a software to compare 2 images?

Not clear if this is what you are looking for but using apply image in PS will allow you to see differences. Below is an article by Andrew Rodney that describes one method to achieve this:

http://www.digitaldog.net/files/Apply_Image.pdf

Comment

What exactly do you want to compare? The Apply Image mentioned shows you visually the differences. But then there are applications like ColorThink Pro that can do that and provide a numeric metric to the differences (using deltaE). Is this something you need hard numbers to evaluate or you just want to visually see if say, two techniques produce a different result?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony W View Post
        Not clear if this is what you are looking for but using apply image in PS will allow you to see differences. Below is an article by Andrew Rodney that describes one method to achieve this:

http://www.digitaldog.net/files/Apply_Image.pdf
        thanks!
        nice read , really

Comment

Originally posted by andrewrodney View Post
          What exactly do you want to compare? The Apply Image mentioned shows you visually the differences. But then there are applications like ColorThink Pro that can do that and provide a numeric metric to the differences (using deltaE). Is this something you need hard numbers to evaluate or you just want to visually see if say, two techniques produce a different result?
          i tried to compare the same raw picture converted to jpg and tiff with different raw converters

is there an alternative of colothink pro , i mean a freeware?

thanks

Comment