FFT 64bit plugin??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFT 64bit plugin??

Looking for any help.. I have been trying to find a 64bit FFT plugin for photoshop cs5, but tried on this site, and others and no luck.

Just a dumb question also, do you extract the whole zip file to plugin folder and let the plugin do its work or another way.. seems a little confusing when reading about this plugin??

thank you in advance

Re: FFT 64bit plugin??

If you are using a PC then This thread posts #26 and #27 have links to the zipped files. You should also find instructions in the thread to allow you to use the plug in

Comment

I downloaded and installed the plugin in PSCS6 according to the instructions. When I run FFT_RGB from the Filters\Fourier menu, I get a pinkish textured layer. Is this correct? If yes, what do I do next? If no, what have I done wrong?

Thanks!

Comment

Ken

I haven't tried running this program under CS6 (as I have only just upgraded) In this past I have run this program a few times to work on texture issues ....are you getting this red layer instead of the green as shown in the tutorial ?(There is a tutorial on this on this site under restoration) and I think I have sometimes had a red result as well ...I would just try marking out the black dots on the channels next as suggested in the tutorial and see what you get.....I have found it won't work on large files...and sometimes some patterns don't seem to work as well as others not really sure why...be interested to hear what others think.

Comment

hi guys,

i know this is used for restoration, but it's really a software question, so, moving the thread to the software forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Burns View Post
            I downloaded and installed the plugin in PSCS6 according to the instructions. When I run FFT_RGB from the Filters\Fourier menu, I get a pinkish textured layer. Is this correct? If yes, what do I do next? If no, what have I done wrong?

Thanks!
            I think This is the tutorial referred to

Have not seen a pink textured layer but briefly the sequence (B&W) would be:
            1. Make sure that you have a flattened image (no layers).
            2. Run FFT filter. You should see an unrecognisable pixelated image usually green cast
            3. Go to channels and select Red channel. Paint out all the star shapes with the exception of the centre cross.
            4. Next select the composite channel and click on the IFFT item.

You should now see your B&W image without texture or at least texture minimised

Comment

It's amazing what watching a tutorial will do for you. Doing the painting on the Green channel worked wonders. Thanks!

Comment