Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop: Best grain plugin for mac?

Hello,

I am wondering what is the best grain plugin out there at the moment?

I have used grain surgery 2 with cs3 and pc for quite a time, but I'd very much like to update to latest version of photoshop and change my platform to os x.

Is there anything nearly that good (grain surgery)?

Thanks.

Re: Best grain plugin for mac?

Love Noiseware but to be honest, since I've been doing NR in Lightroom on raw data, it's less necessary. Try to handle this in the raw conversion stage if possible.

Comment

Both Noiseware and Topaz DeNoise are top contenders and are available at a discount.

Comment

Hello,

I'm sorry I was being unclear. I actually meant a plugin for CREATING grain - not removing it. I've tried Alienskin but It doesn't seem to be so good as grain surgery.

Thank you for the links anyway.

Comment

Ah. Look under the Noise/grain category here for a list of options.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Have fun exploring!

Comment

-uniform noise - not monochromatic(low % amount)(you will be able to see when it looks
                close.)
                -add layer mask, apply gaussian noise to mask(low % amount)(you just want to blur the
                edges)
                -gaussian blur the mask(slight)
                -levels adjustment layer on mask(slight).

this can be used to match existing camera grain when low opasity cloning on new layer softens the grain to much, or to create full image grain.

Comment

Lightroom & ACR both allow you to add (and remove) noise and do so totally nondestructive at the raw processing stage which is really the ideal place to do this work. So again, LR if you have it.

Comment

Originally posted by mevli View Post
                    Hello,

I'm sorry I was being unclear. I actually meant a plugin for CREATING grain - not removing it. I've tried Alienskin but It doesn't seem to be so good as grain surgery.

Thank you for the links anyway.
                    DxO Filmpack offers some nice filmgrain, as does Nik Siver Efex Pro.

As I work for clients, and there most probably are corrections to be done, I add film grain as last step on a merged layer above. So you easily can change filmtype/amount/size.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewrodney View Post
                      Lightroom & ACR both allow you to add (and remove) noise and do so totally nondestructive at the raw processing stage which is really the ideal place to do this work. So again, LR if you have it.

Why do you say? I ask because I feel the opposite. I like a gray overlay/noise layer at the top of the file, that rides above cloning, painting, etc and ties everything together.

Comment

Working...
                      X