Processing in ACR from EIP file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processing in ACR from EIP file

I am expecting some work in EIP format tomorrow. I don't use Capture One, I use ACR. Is it fairly simple to take the raw component from the EIP package into ACR and Photoshop? How do you do it?

Re: Processing in ACR from EIP file

Not sure if this any help but my limited understanding is that EIP is an open ZIP format. In theory you could rename the file image1.eip to image1.zip to reveal the file which may be a tif or IIQ raw file. This should open in ACR either tif or IIQ.

However I suspect the problem is likely to be one of ACR being able to correctly interpret edits done in Capture One therefore you will have an image that is wrong i.e. not what the author intended - perhaps you should ask for a rendered jpeg or tiff as reference?

Comment

Re: Processing in ACR from EIP file

Many thanks, TW. I'll try that and tell you how I got on.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• yagovic
        D810 RAW file edit
        by yagovic
        Has anybody managed to load D810 images in NX2 and edit them ?
        10-31-2014, 02:02 AM
      • memphishooter
        What type of file . . .
        by memphishooter
        What type of file is a cr2? Canon's raw file? What software will open it?
        02-15-2017, 09:20 AM
      • willdoak
        Undoing changes to RAW file?
        by willdoak
        It's my understanding that no changes to a RAW (NEF, in my case) file are permanent. I see that I can change the crop and various adjustments. Is there a way to undo all changes, so that I'm back with the original settings?

Cheers,

Will
        08-24-2008, 06:23 PM
      • nebgranny
        Raw / Jpg
        by nebgranny
        Good Day Everyone:
        I am still confused about Raw verses JPG.
        I just opened the files which are on my camera card. I had the camera set for shooting both RAW and JPG. I opened them within the software that came with my camera, Digital Photo Professional. I for the first time noticed the...
        07-22-2008, 03:08 PM
      • pavel123
        RAW file converters
        by pavel123
        I would like to ask for opinions on RAW file converters. Any considerable advantages of using third party software vs Adobe Camera RAW? If so, what would you suggest? Reviews seem to have different views on this.

Pavel
        09-20-2006, 10:40 AM
      Working...
      X