Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you upgrade a Lightroom Upgrade edition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you upgrade a Lightroom Upgrade edition?

I originally bought Lightroom 3 Student Edition when I was a student. Then I purchased the Lightroom 4 Upgrade version. Will it work if I get yet another upgrade version for Lightroom 5?

Basically going like this: LR 3 Student and Teacher Edition -> LR 4 Upgrade Edition -> LR 5 Upgrade Edition

Can I remove all traces of Lightroom 4 before installing Lightroom 5 keeping only my settings and preferences? How can I do this?

Thanks guys!

Re: Can you upgrade a Lightroom Upgrade edition?

Well, Anyone?

Comment

Re: Can you upgrade a Lightroom Upgrade edition?

According to Adobe you must own the previous version of LR
      http://www.adobe.com/products/photos...ing-guide.html

You do own the previous version as you paid for an upgrade to make it current in the past, therefore you should qualify.

TBH you should be asking Adobe directly if you are at all concerned!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Doug Nelson
        Lightroom CC
        by Doug Nelson
        Lightroom CC launches today. Some new overlap with Photoshop. A couple of unique features. Up to 8000% faster if you have a good video card.

Previously the question would have been "are you planning on buying it", but CC makes that question obsolete.

So instead,...
        04-21-2015, 03:43 PM
      • Doug Nelson
        When do you upgrade?
        by Doug Nelson
        Some cosmic oddness has made this the week for me to be discussing software updates and upgrades in many areas with many people.

My own personal philosophy is that if it's free and easy, I install it. Period.

If it's not free and/or easy, I do some mushy mental calculations...
        09-06-2002, 03:27 PM
      • Doug Nelson
        RetouchPRO LIVE 4/28/15 - Lightroom CC / LR6
        by Doug Nelson
        RetouchPRO LIVE with Steve Caplin
        Lightroom CC/Lightroom 6

Ah, new Adobe product launch week. So much excitement, so much confusion. And yesterday's launch had more confusion than usual, Adobe can't even decide on the name of the new Lightroom version.

On next Tuesday's...
        04-22-2015, 06:53 AM
      • michaelbs
        Lightroom WB selector question:
        by michaelbs
        I have picked a RAW image in the Lightroom Development module. I choose the white balance selector and want this raw file to have the same WB as a tif file next to it. However, the WB picker/selector doesn't allow me to go down to the filmstrip and click a point in the tif file.
        Is there a workaround...
        04-08-2011, 04:21 AM
      • memphishooter
        Lightroom and Bridge
        by memphishooter
        Among those of you who are waist deep (or higher) into PhotoShop and Lightroom, WHAT are the separate uses of Lightroom and Bridge? They seem to do the same thing! I don't know why Adobe needed Bridge, when Lightroom offers so many primping/adjusting possibilities. Can somebody explain the differen...
        12-03-2015, 04:00 PM
      Working...
      X