HOw to recolor this text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop: HOw to recolor this text

I need to recolour the gold text so its white.

If I select it its not really very good.

I thought about using the colour replacer tool but it goes gray.

How can I make it go white?

Or, should I be looking for a different method?

Many thanks

Edward
    Attached Files

Re: HOw to recolur this text

The image as posted is quite pixelated including areas around the lettering and I assume that you need to keep the background colour as it is, not changed to black?

With the above in mind one way you could try is:

Make a copy of the red channel
    Adjust channel with Levels so background is black and letters are lightened to white. If needed to accent the thin lines paint over with a white brush set to Overlay
    Load the red copy channel as a selection then paint inside the selection with white.
    You may also need to experiment with refine edge on the mask to reduce jpeg artifacting.

Click on attachment and wait a few seconds for image to change

You could probably also do similar by using a Channel Mixer adjustment layer set to Lighten mode and adjust the RGB sliders and constant to achieve similar
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tony W; 09-17-2013, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Re: HOw to recolur this text

thanks - worked!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• javier
        how to select italics text
        by javier
        Hi I have an old document I´m trying to restore. The text is writen with italics letter, and the background is very dirty. There is a lot of text to process.
        Is there any "rigth way" or tool to select the text so I can extract and paste it on a new background?

I enclose...
        11-04-2008, 05:19 AM
      • Risbo
        Text restoration
        by Risbo
        Hello friends,
        I came up with a small problem that i need help with.
        I have a scaned manuscript book that need to be printed on offset printing.The scans needs to be cleaned so only the text remains in black color and background removed, however when i do it the small amount of black always...
        04-13-2018, 03:49 AM
      • ahurst2001
        arched text with vanishing point
        by ahurst2001
        Hello,

I paint watercolors and do customized prints from the paintings. I have run into a snag on my current project. I need to be able to add arched text into the two red areas of this painting and also maintain the perspective. I am not sure how to achieve both the arch and vanishing...
        10-21-2014, 11:21 AM
      • Lampy
        enhancing faded inscriptions on a document
        by Lampy
        Hi everyone

Here's something a little different. I'm working on a document that has a bunch of inscriptions that are fading out. I want to enhance the signatures so they are more readable in a copy image but I don't want all the other text and engraved image to get too dark.
        02-06-2002, 09:03 AM
      • NickBurchell
        how to fix sticker text
        by NickBurchell
        This is a detail from a portrait that is being used in a brochure (this is 1/2 width of full shot, brochure to be printed at 12" wide, full bleed) . The client doesn't like the text of the sticker "I can feel myself getting dumber....." and wants it removed/changed. This is beyond my...
        05-20-2011, 04:19 PM
      Working...
      X