Camera raw 6 -setting resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera raw 6 -setting resolution

in the workflow options you only get to choose a resolution -so say you put 300 ppi However the next image I open might have an original resolution of 600.
    Is there no option to have it open the file in whatever the original resolution is? and not change it

Re: Camera raw 6 -setting resolution

If you click on Size you will get a number of options to choose from the Native Resolution of the file will be the one with no '+' or '-' signs and is usually the default for ACR.

Comment

Re: Camera raw 6 -setting resolution

ACR deals with pixels (WxH), you can divide that up any way you want (300ppi, 876ppi etc) and it's rather meaninless to ACR. It knows pixels. The + and - allow you to control the number of pixels, again without regard to the 'resolution' tag that isn't pertienent.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• bcnretouch
        changing photo resolution in camera raw
        by bcnretouch
        Hi Everyone,

I have a question- recently I had a client that I retouched a bunch of images for. I noticed they were 240dpi but since I assumed they were for print and he didn't clarify, I just didn't say anything. Later he was surprised and a bit upset that I had not changed them all...
        01-12-2013, 10:43 AM
      • extrememc
        24x36 Printout
        by extrememc
        I am trying to crop a image shot with my Rebel XT to 24x36. When I open the image in Bridge the resolution is 240. I change it to 300 then open in CS2. When I make my crop there it change the resolution to 150 sometime less then that. How can I create a high res file that is 24x36 for printing on matte...
        06-09-2006, 01:19 AM
      • vickatter
        Camera Raw 5.7
        by vickatter
        Hey!
        I have a doubt... actually is kind of a problem.
        I usually get the pics that I have to retouch in raw or dng and I open them on camera raw first. It seems that a while back I had to do a web re-size so on the camera raw dialog box I went to the little link below to change size and...
        06-17-2011, 06:08 AM
      • iMad
        5D MkII with 25MP !?
        by iMad
        Hi guys,

Its my first post here, so if this thread doesn't belong to this section pleas shift it to the proper one.

I have 5D MkII, and ofcours its a 21MP camera, but when I tried to open RAW photos in my PS CS5 I have got an option to open the photo in 25.2 MP...
        10-26-2010, 08:35 AM
      • Britsdad
        Raw again
        by Britsdad
        Hiya all,

Just a quickie from me... can anyone tell me why, when I open a jpg or tiff that is 300 dpi in ACR, then open into Photoshop the image changes from 300 to 240 dpi?
        I lose no pixels, it's just that the document size is enlarged. (see attachments) I'm sure there must be...
        10-26-2010, 04:36 PM
      Working...
      X