Camera raw 6 -setting resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera raw 6 -setting resolution

in the workflow options you only get to choose a resolution -so say you put 300 ppi However the next image I open might have an original resolution of 600.
    Is there no option to have it open the file in whatever the original resolution is? and not change it

Re: Camera raw 6 -setting resolution

If you click on Size you will get a number of options to choose from the Native Resolution of the file will be the one with no '+' or '-' signs and is usually the default for ACR.

Comment

Re: Camera raw 6 -setting resolution

ACR deals with pixels (WxH), you can divide that up any way you want (300ppi, 876ppi etc) and it's rather meaninless to ACR. It knows pixels. The + and - allow you to control the number of pixels, again without regard to the 'resolution' tag that isn't pertienent.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• dejvid
        Beginning question on proper conversion procedure
        by dejvid
        Question may sound silly but what is usual retouching practice (if shooting in RAW) and retouch in LR + PS:

1. Open RAW in LR, adjust image globally, export to JPEG, open in PS and continue locally (skin, D/B, sharpening etc.)

2. Open RAW in LR, adjust image globally, open...
        12-13-2012, 05:56 AM
      • DMCdigitalmedia
        DPI Question
        by DMCdigitalmedia
        Hello ,

I have a Sony F828 and even on RAW settings the image says it is 72 DPI,yet my old Nikon shoots at 300 DPI one of my customers said the Marketing department is rejecting the 72 DPI photos. What gives..the 72 DPI look great and are HUGE files...quality appears better than the...
        03-09-2006, 04:21 PM
      • rlualhati
        Reveal All
        by rlualhati
        Hello all. First post....be gentile!

I have a question about the Reveal All command in Photoshop CS5 when used after cropping (Hide Option selected).

I start with an image 12.907" x 8.64", 3872x2592 pixels, 300 ppi.

I crop to a 7"x5"...
        01-13-2012, 09:02 PM
      • Ferocios31
        Dpi resolution needed to 300 for business card pr
        by Ferocios31
        Hello,
        I recently received a .psd file from a designer I hired to make a logo for me. Now that I have the logo, I want to place an order for business cards and stickers on vistaprint.com but every time I upload my logo, it comes out blurry. I think the dpi resolution is too low. I have photoshop...
        08-07-2013, 01:58 PM
      • Kim
        Need advice on the printing issue
        by Kim
        I'd like to print a couple of photos that I just took with my digital camera.
        To obtain their sharpness as I see on my computer, how should I set it up in photoshop to print ? Should I resize them to a certain size first before I send to the printer or should I just print them at these current...
        06-14-2005, 11:02 PM
      Working...
      X