Photoshop .psb file icons OSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop .psb file icons OSX

Recently moved to Photoshop CC and have found out to our horror that psb files no longer save with icons in the finder on mac osx 10.8 or 10.9.

Adobe say it is apple problem. Can any other pro photoshop users confirm or deny this problem. I foresee it being a big issue in coming months. I can't work out if it is just on some machines, or common problem with all setups. Not being able to see the image icon in the finder means quick visual identification of files has to be via Bridge etc.
    Photoshop CS5 and CS6 are fine, only Photoshop CC. Discussion online with Adobe here:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photos...reply_13602800

Graeme

Re: Photoshop .psb file icons OSX

No idea if this of any help but in the PS CC preferences have you tried:

Preferences / File Handling -Maximize PSD and PSB Compatibility to on and made sure that in Finder you have selected view icons?

Comment

Yes, it's a bug and yes, it's Apple's fault. A similar problem with DNG files (they don't update), this PSB bug is worse (no preview). Apple knows about both. I believe this is an OS9 issue.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalgrb8 View Post
        Recently moved to Photoshop CC and have found out to our horror that psb files no longer save with icons in the finder on mac osx 10.8 or 10.9.

Adobe say it is apple problem. Can any other pro photoshop users confirm or deny this problem. I foresee it being a big issue in coming months. I can't work out if it is just on some machines, or common problem with all setups. Not being able to see the image icon in the finder means quick visual identification of files has to be via Bridge etc.
        Photoshop CS5 and CS6 are fine, only Photoshop CC. Discussion online with Adobe here:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photos...reply_13602800

Graeme
        I can also confirm the problem with CC previews, and I'm using OSX 10.7.5, also agree CS6 and earlier files' previews appear in the finder.

And I too find it annoying.
        --Shift Studio.

Comment

Working...
        X