Working with the new Topaz Glow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug-In: Working with the new Topaz Glow

Here are a few examples I did using the new (out today, 12/9) Topaz Glow. Glow seeks out hidden patterns in images and illuminates them.
    Attached Files

Re: Working with the new Topaz Glow

That owl is amazing.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Thanks Doug! It was literally one-click (both the photo itself and the effect, ha!).

See a much larger version on the bottom of my home page.

Comment

Looks like Fractilus; maybe a smarter version since it identifies underlying patterns. Still cool results I see.

Comment

Indeed, but that was never available for Mac. Plus Topaz provides access to a wider range of effects that you may recognize from their other plug-ins.

Comment

Didn't know that Fractilius wasn't available for MAC. Good for MAC users then.

Comment

Still cranking 'em out! I've mainly been posting new art on my Twitter feed.
              Attached Files

Comment

I have tried their trial version and Love all the results I achieved.
                I have also tried a competitors similar program and they don't compare to the mount of presets and control sliders that Topaz Glow provides. Will definitely be buying this one!

I also enjoyed all the webinars that Topazlabs has provided for Glow. They are extremely informative and help in understanding the program capabilities more quickly. Plus they give away a free Glow program at the end of each webinar…. hoping to be a winner, if not, I will definitely buy by my end of trial period.

Your result examples are great.

Comment

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! Topaz has been replacing a number of other developers' plug-ins over the years, and doing a better job of it!

As for the free webinars, here is the link to register for or watch them.

Comment

Thanks for the link
                    Already bookmarked it and have been signed up for all the Glow webinars. They really take all the guess work out of using the program, they provide excellent info & tips.
                    Thanks!

Comment

Vegas and Topaz Glow working together. The original is at upper left; the others are literally 1-click results from unedited presets.

Glow is discounted for the rest of December.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here's one I just made for my Twitter feed announcing the last day of the discount.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice image… I bought glow yesterday with discount… love the program

Comment

Thanks! Try this: Apply different Glow effects to different copies of the same image, then comp them together in Photoshop (or equivalent) using blending modes, such as Overlay or Soft light and using the Eraser to remove different sections. That's what I've been doing on my more recent Twitter examples.

For example, Glow's Sketch Outline preset helps restore black lines when other effects replace them with neon, etc.

Comment

Thanks for tip, I have played with this method a little with other name plug-ins, but look forward to more experimenting with new Topaz product.

Comment