Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Doug Nelson
    RetouchPRO LIVE 4/28/15 - Lightroom CC / LR6
    by Doug Nelson
    RetouchPRO LIVE with Steve Caplin
    Lightroom CC/Lightroom 6

Ah, new Adobe product launch week. So much excitement, so much confusion. And yesterday's launch had more confusion than usual, Adobe can't even decide on the name of the new Lightroom version.

On next Tuesday's...
    04-22-2015, 06:53 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    How exactly does Lightroom CC merge DNG files?
    by Doug Nelson
    Andrew Rodney corrected me in another thread for my faux pas in my recent Lightroom CC RetouchPRO LIVE show.

I said in the show that Lightroom CC generates DNG files from HDR Merge and Panorama Merge and that was fabulous because you basically had this big honking Raw file to work with....
    05-03-2015, 02:52 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    Limits of Lightroom CC GPU acceleration
    by Doug Nelson
    I was floored when I ran across this information from Adobe today:

The Develop module is the only module that currently leverages graphics processor (GPU) acceleration. Comands and processes outside the Develop module are not currently (GPU) graphics processor accellerated. For example,...
    05-10-2015, 02:53 PM
  • JMcCloud1979
    Help on editing huge files in Lightroom?
    by JMcCloud1979
    Hello everyone,

I wasn't sure where to turn for help, but hoping someone here could give me some ideas.

Basically I have 2,000+ photos scanned at 1200dpi from a client that wants me to keep it at this resolution. These were just going to be some quick edits in lightroom,...
    04-22-2013, 04:58 PM
  • keren7
    ImageReady or Lightroom?
    by keren7
    Which is a better software to have as an addition to photoshop?
    07-17-2007, 03:27 PM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightroom: Lightroom CC GPU vs not experiments

As I posted in the show thread, Steve Caplin sent me the raw files he used and we compared times for building the HDR preview and the final image. His time was 16s/8s, mine was 29s/8s. I big percentage change, to be sure, but 13 seconds isn't all that much time to get other work done.

I have an old machine with an old video card that Lightroom CC doesn't recognize the GPU support for. Steve has a 1-year old Mac.

But this got me wondering about getting you guys involved for some additional experiments.

Do something in Lightroom CC with GPU acceleration turned on. Time it. Then delete it and turn off GPU acceleration in LRCC (you'll need to restart it). Then do the exact same thing (don't forget to turn GPU acceleration back on when you're done).

Post your timing results here. Don't forget to include what it is you did, and what model vidcard you have (optional, other machine specs).

The more adventuresome of you could post links to raw files so others could work from the same exact data (Steve's files were a bit lowrez).

Have fun. Let's learn something!
    Last edited by Doug Nelson; 05-14-2015, 03:31 AM.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

re: Lightroom CC GPU vs not experiments

Steve gave me permission to upload the files from his show we used to compare times. They're pretty pedestrian, but you're welcome to download them if you'd like to compare using the exact files. It's a 50MB zip file.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Working...
    X