Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

have u tried photoshop and lightroom under linux?

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Doug Nelson
    Lightroom CC
    by Doug Nelson
    Lightroom CC launches today. Some new overlap with Photoshop. A couple of unique features. Up to 8000% faster if you have a good video card.

Previously the question would have been "are you planning on buying it", but CC makes that question obsolete.

So instead,...
    04-21-2015, 03:43 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    RetouchPRO LIVE 4/28/15 - Lightroom CC / LR6
    by Doug Nelson
    RetouchPRO LIVE with Steve Caplin
    Lightroom CC/Lightroom 6

Ah, new Adobe product launch week. So much excitement, so much confusion. And yesterday's launch had more confusion than usual, Adobe can't even decide on the name of the new Lightroom version.

On next Tuesday's...
    04-22-2015, 06:53 AM
  • michaelbs
    Lightroom WB selector question:
    by michaelbs
    I have picked a RAW image in the Lightroom Development module. I choose the white balance selector and want this raw file to have the same WB as a tif file next to it. However, the WB picker/selector doesn't allow me to go down to the filmstrip and click a point in the tif file.
    Is there a workaround...
    04-08-2011, 04:21 AM
  • memphishooter
    Lightroom and Bridge
    by memphishooter
    Among those of you who are waist deep (or higher) into PhotoShop and Lightroom, WHAT are the separate uses of Lightroom and Bridge? They seem to do the same thing! I don't know why Adobe needed Bridge, when Lightroom offers so many primping/adjusting possibilities. Can somebody explain the differen...
    12-03-2015, 04:00 PM
  • ydelle
    Vista and Photoshop 7.0
    by ydelle
    I have photoshop 7 and indesign cs will they work on Vista?? My computer crashed but my daughter has a laptop with vista. I backed up my progam files could I put them into the laptop and will they work????
    02-14-2008, 10:56 AM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have u tried photoshop and lightroom under linux?

Hi
    i have watched some video about photoshop cc and lightroom v5 running under linix ubuntu or mint

something i'm thinking to drop windows and use linux
    the problem is that i bought cs5 normal , cs6 normal ,and now i got a subscription and i get cc , lightroom 5 and i will install v6

does/did somebody test these programs under linux?

do they run fast like under windows?
    are they stable?

thanks
    i will appreciate it alot

Re: have u tried photoshop and lightroom under lin

As I expected, the only way would be to use WINE. I don't recommend it. It could be buggy, and you would need to maintain a backup of your entire system. If something breaks on update, you would restore your entire system from that backup. You should try a different forum to see if anyone has gotten it to work with creative cloud. I would probably try unix.stackexchange or cgsociety. Both will have many Linux users. I run Debian, and I run it in a VM from OSX for specific things. I've never tried to get photoshop working in Linux.

On a side note, save yourself a few headaches and set up a package manager for your other installations. As for stability, WINE is not as stable as running the thing natively. It's just not, due to the sheer number of potential problems. It's just a way to load required libraries across operating systems.

Comment

Originally posted by klev View Post
      As I expected, the only way would be to use WINE. I don't recommend it. It could be buggy, and you would need to maintain a backup of your entire system. If something breaks on update, you would restore your entire system from that backup. You should try a different forum to see if anyone has gotten it to work with creative cloud. I would probably try unix.stackexchange or cgsociety. Both will have many Linux users. I run Debian, and I run it in a VM from OSX for specific things. I've never tried to get photoshop working in Linux.

On a side note, save yourself a few headaches and set up a package manager for your other installations. As for stability, WINE is not as stable as running the thing natively. It's just not, due to the sheer number of potential problems. It's just a way to load required libraries across operating systems.
      thanks
      i watched many video how they run under linux but i wanted to ask some feedebacks
      appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by mantra View Post
        thanks
        i watched many video how they run under linux but i wanted to ask some feedebacks
        appreciate it
        There aren't many Linux users on here though. I only run it as a VM. I doubt there is even one that runs photoshop in Linux. You need to find a really Linux heavy forum, as it's extremely atypical.

Comment

Originally posted by klev View Post
          There aren't many Linux users on here though. I only run it as a VM. I doubt there is even one that runs photoshop in Linux. You need to find a really Linux heavy forum, as it's extremely atypical.
          look _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haIbQ2XMxy4

Comment

In that video he's using WINE. You can also see he gets an error message saying that graphics acceleration will be disabled.

If you must use Linux, just go with GIMP and darktable.
            Learn by teaching
            Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Originally posted by mantra View Post
              look _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haIbQ2XMxy4
              Yeah Wine. I mentioned Wine. I also said it was extremely atypical, not impossible. Then I told you that the forum doesn't have many Linux users. Out of the few possibly Linux users on here aside from myself, the chance that any of them use photoshop under Linux is even slimmer. You might have a better chance at real feedback if you try a forum that is primarily composed of Linux users. Of course most of them hate Adobe. Visual effects tends to be Linux heavy, but they still would run photoshop under Windows or OSX.

Comment

Working...
              X