• Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Related Topics

Collapse

• artofretouching
    Advanced Bit Depth Question
    by artofretouching
    I have an incredibly complex image (series) that is killing my machine. 13x18, ProPhoto, 16-Bit Depth with several Smart Objects. While I want to stab myself repeatedly with an exacto knife (changes are slow as molasses), i was hoping for a better solution.

We know that 16-bit gives the...
    05-30-2013, 10:25 PM
  • artofretouching
    Why is CS5 default color mode 8 bit?
    by artofretouching
    Someone sent my blog a good question. I didn't have a good answer, so I bring it you.

Why does Photoshop make 8-Bit it's default? While it does save the settings if you create a New File with 16-Bit, there does not seem to be anywhere that you can specify "Open All Images in 16-Bit...
    07-22-2011, 03:26 PM
  • Tony W
    Converting 8 bit images to 16 bit - any benefits?
    by Tony W
    In another thread I posted the following about my current belief and understanding relating to converting 8 bit files to 16 bit i.e. I doubted that any real benefits would be had and further that there may be potential to make matters worse by taking this course. Quote:
    When I started using...
    07-24-2011, 06:02 PM
  • Ed_L
    Reconsidering 16 bit
    by Ed_L
    I've been playing around again with 16 bit images, and I scanned one as such, then made a couple of levels adjustments. The image was duplicated, and the duplicate was changed to 8 bit mode for comparison. The exact same adjustment was made to each of them, and the resulting histogram showed voids in...
    01-05-2003, 06:16 PM
  • Dropt
    Another 8/16 bits question
    by Dropt
    Good morning everyone,

As there is no small questions thread, I find myself opening up a whole new subject for a small question. Here's the deal and it's quite simple : My boss has given me a 16 bits camera file to convert in 8 bits, then retouch. So far so good. But he's also adding (quoted...
    08-31-2011, 04:50 AM
Working...
X