• Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Related Topics

Collapse

• T Paul
    Sharpening
    by T Paul
    There are several ways in Photoshop to sharpen an image. The most commonly used are Unsharp-Mask (USM) and High-Pass filter.

USM Filter Basics: Sharpening increases the contrast at the edges of an image, ie, makes the dark pixels darker and the light pixels lighter. USM has three controls...
    08-12-2004, 01:53 PM
  • nrotunda
    Sharpening
    by nrotunda
    Hi everyone! This is my first post...so be nice please I've been using photoshop for several years but this is my first time working as a full time retoucher, so I'm soaking up information at a rapid rate! The one thing I am constantly confused about is sharpening. I know there are tons of information...
    01-16-2014, 04:33 AM
  • kkamin
    Photoshop's 'Bicubic Sharper': good for you?
    by kkamin
    I've been trained to use Bicubic Sharper when reducing an image in size. What I don't like is that is seems to over-sharpen my images, especially when I am going to a web resolution of around 500x333. I have been sticking with Bicubic (the default setting), and doing the standard, last step sharpening...
    05-26-2010, 12:04 AM
  • Norris
    Sharpening Images
    by Norris
    I recently posted a thread asking for advice on improving contrast within materials in architectural retouching. I was given some good advice and recommended some plug in filters as well as the high pass filter in conjunction with overlay. This was all very helpful and I have implemented some of these...
    03-26-2010, 09:35 AM
  • jtd131
    Sharpening, but which one?
    by jtd131
    Hey, can anyone post a link for or explain the essential differences between the sharpening options in PS? I mostly use high pass, but not sure why, I just like it. I used to use unsharp, but heard I shouldn't. so.. I have been trying to figure out when to use what, but am getting mixed info. Any...
    01-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Working...
X