Smart Object Corruption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop: Smart Object Corruption

We got a file from a client that appeared to me to have corruption. Other artists in the company could not see the corruption.

My version of PS is 2017.1.0

Those who cannot see it have 2017.0.1 or 2017.0.0

All on MAC 10.10.5

One of the IT guys could see it on PS 2017.0.0 on Windows 7.

We discovered the corruption was due to a Smart Object. The file is in CMYK and the Smart Object was in RGB. Converting the Smart Object to CMYK removed the corruption. - see image below.

Any ideas as to why some artists can see it and some cannot based on PS version and/or OS?

Related Topics

Collapse

• ksparticus
    Shear
    by ksparticus
    I was wondering if in PS Filter/Distort/Shear there was a way to adjust the shear to the horizontal axis? I know I can rotate my selection prior then use the shear but just as a matter of convenience.

Thanks
    09-03-2013, 12:31 PM
  • ashphotoart
    Replace content of Smart Object
    by ashphotoart
    Hi,

I'm in the process to build some of wedding album PSD templates to use multiple times in future.

I want to know that is it possible to Replace the content of the smart object with another opened file by drag and drop ? I've google and found that it is possible by Select...
    12-02-2009, 09:05 AM
  • Liz
    Smart Object question
    by Liz
    Currently doing a photo book with no prepared template. You know those ones, either the software you can buy or some kiosk tempation - all of which are a little design limiting. But at least you can drag and drop your photos into the prepared spaces.

In my current scenario, what I've...
    04-16-2008, 06:03 AM
  • mantra
    can i create in rgb DUO/Tree/quadtone ?
    by mantra
    Hi

can i create DUO/Tree/quadtone photos working in RGB?

at least can i emule duo or treetone in rgb ?

thanks
    greetings
    01-26-2013, 08:32 AM
  • D Thompson
    RGB to Lab/CMYK and back to RGB
    by D Thompson
    I asked a question in this thread (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...s-lab-raw.html) about going from RGB>Lab/CMYK>RGB and got some good answers from Robert & John. I usually stay in RGB and will change the color sampler readout to CMYK when doing some...
    07-26-2011, 10:04 PM
Working...
X