Ft Pattern Suppressor

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• visnew
    Virus / Spyware in plugins or actions
    visnew
    Hi:

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but since the previous "Virus" thread was posted here, I thought it was best not to change.

In the original thread, Gary warned us not to download stuff from unknown or dangerous sites. However, I'm wondering...
    05-15-2008, 03:42 PM
  • Rydiant
    Is it worthwhile to sell actions?
    Rydiant
    I've developed a series of actions that produce effects like some commercial plugins. Because the quality of output compares well (and in some ways surpasses what's already out there,) I think users would be willing to pay for the actions at a fraction of the cost of a plugin alternative.
    04-18-2010, 06:24 PM
  • GaryGornelli
    Actions
    GaryGornelli
    Hi, I was discussing brushing up work to show clients the results at shoots and was told that some photographers run a few actions. Curves, smoothing/sharpening etc. Do any of you? What are they?

Gary
    07-16-2009, 12:28 PM
  • Sanda
    strange behavior
    Sanda
    After a recent hard drive crash and replacement I had to reinstall Photoshop 6. I've reinstalled all of my plugins and actions ect. All seemed to be working fine but today I needed to use an action for the first time since the reinstall and to my amazement discovered that my actions pallet won't...
    09-18-2002, 04:26 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    Creating Actions in Photoshop
    Doug Nelson
    View here
    01-11-2003, 08:34 PM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you try the Adobe Exchange-version?

Or perhaps upgrade to CC2017 or CC2018 to see if that helps? You can have multiple versions of Ps installed at once if you still need CC2015 for some technical reason.

---

I will grab a Mac and install CC2015 to test once I find the time.

Comment

Just tested and the actions+plugins run perfectly on CC2015 on Mac. I tested both CC2015 and CS6 running macOS 10.13.3 (High Sierra). No problems. They showed up and ran fine.
      I did not fancy reinstalling with an older OS to test that though.

(CS6 and older requires manual install, but any CC-version will automatically install the plugins if you are subscribed to the Exchange-version).

Comment

Ron and Chain, thank you - just given this a go, the youtube tutorial was a massive help. Removing the size and bit depth limitations of the early iterations of the FFT filter, and the actions to assist, mean it's almost hassle free all the way .
        <EDIT> Just looked at all stages of the Grayscale action in 2.5 and it looks like it's grand. Most likely user error.</EDIT>
        But I'm just blown away as to how easy you've made the whole process, and the efficacy compared to my attempts with the FFT filter years ago.
        Last edited by Dave-Oh; 11-02-2018, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Hello,

I'm very excited about using your actions/filters. However I'm getting the same error as some other folks. I am using a 64bit version of PS CC 2019 ver 20.0.1 I also have the 6 .8bf files in the plugins folder of PS CC 2019. However like others they are not showing up in the filters submenu.

The Action starts to work when I hit Play, but it stops on Filter and the message box pops up which says "The command Filter is not currently available." So I hit Continue and after all the action steps are done the end result is an image that looks like a negative and there is no mask with stars. The mask is simply all white.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You from a newbie to your forum
          Mike B

Comment

Originally posted by mkjsdad View Post
            Hello,

I'm very excited about using your actions/filters. However I'm getting the same error as some other folks. I am using a 64bit version of PS CC 2019 ver 20.0.1 I also have the 6 .8bf files in the plugins folder of PS CC 2019. However like others they are not showing up in the filters submenu.

The Action starts to work when I hit Play, but it stops on Filter and the message box pops up which says "The command Filter is not currently available." So I hit Continue and after all the action steps are done the end result is an image that looks like a negative and there is no mask with stars. The mask is simply all white.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You from a newbie to your forum
            Mike B
            I believe that ver 20.0 update of PS2019 did not carry over the libfftwx64_3-3.dll file from PS2018. Have a look in folder C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 for that file. If it is gone, go to the download of Pattern Suppression as it is in that zip file.
            RONC

Comment

Thank you Ron and I apologize that I forgot to mention that I am using it on a Mac and I don't believe the dll file works on a mac. Is that correct? I saw something in the thread about downloading the Mac version but the website only shows one version to download. Please let me know if that is not correct. and thank you for the response.

Comment

On the Mac that file is contained in each *. plugin file so the update to PS wouldn't effect the programs. You should have six *. Plugin files not *. 8bf files on the Mac. Do you have have *.plugin files or *. 8bf files??

Looks like you got the Windows version . I'll go see how it is setup to get the Mac version and come back to you.
                RONC
                Last edited by Ron Chambers; 11-18-2018, 07:36 PM.

Comment

I can only download the windows version. Let me bug Chain as the website is his chore.

RONC

Comment

Ron,

You are absolutely correct. I have the *.8bf files not the plugins. I cannot thank you enough for your help!!

Mike

Comment

Hello Ron,

I found the Mac version on the Adobe exchange as the website indicates. TY again for all of your help!!

Mike

Comment

I see there is a bug on the website; it sends you to download *both* v2 and v2.5 (that includes the Mac plugins). Make sure you use the 2.5 one. :=)
                        Not sure why it is happening, but I will get it fixed.

Edit: It's fixed now.
                        Last edited by Chain; 11-19-2018, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Thank you Ron & Chain! it works like magic. Cannot thank you enough. I can confirm this works fine on a Mac using a 64bit version of PS CC 2019 ver 20.0.1

Comment

Working...
                          X