Ft Pattern Suppressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chain View Post
    The plugins work as they should in CC2021. I just tested on Windows.

But remember, since CC2021 is a major update it is a separate application to CC2020, so you must install the plugin in the CC 2021 folder. It will not automatically transfer from CC 2020.
    Pattern Suppression both the atn and the 8bf/plugin files should have been moved by installing Ps2021 if the user requested that at install time. But not the fftw file in the Photoshop folder.

Most all plugins etc. will be housed and driven by the CC Desktop from now on. Photoshop won't be loading updates for the plugins, actions, scripts....

RONC

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Chambers View Post

See post above for version 2.6.

RONC
      Thank you Ron but that's exactly what I did I downloaded and extracted V2.6 from site. Then I copied the files in the plugin folder of Ps also in the actions folder. In that folder it worked normally as an action, but not anymore. Do I now have to work in a different way?
      I also see the files in the 'Filters' menu as Ron 2018.

Comment

• Unfortunately I can't tell from your description exactly how you went about it. What files did you put where? Did you load the actions into your Actions panel?
        What is the problem? Is the actions not showing? Are filters not showing? Do you get an error message when trying to run it?

How to install on Windows:
        1. Copy libfftwx64_3-3.dll to your Photoshop installation folder.
          By default this is C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop [version]\
        2. Copy the 8bf-files to the Photoshop Plug-ins-folder.
          By default this is C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop [version]\Plug-ins\
        3. Restart Photoshop if it was running.
        4. Double-click Pattern Suppressor v2.6.atn to install the actions.
          (You can also choose “Load Actions…” in your Actions Panel Menu).

How to install on macOS:
        1. Copy the .plugin-files to the Photoshop Plug-ins-folder.
          By default this is /Applications/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Plug-Ins/
        2. Restart Photoshop if it was running.
        3. Double-click Pattern Suppressor v2.6.atn to install the actions.

Common error messages

Here are a few potential error messages, and their likely causes:

The object “layer “XXX”” is not currently available

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/BB2fX_Li6yBxK-U59hkUbyM-cwLuCb8ZgvQSFNuBm_hu-v54P4Hb1O8ZhiBKOeTHvGjxlm7gE82lKQQ5r-esn-g4TTDOF-Sk8-8uOJg_kBw33VrGJyIM0f_Rdi1AVI2pBQrcbNod

When running the actions, an error message like this will happen if the action is unable to find a layer it requires to function (The name “Preview” in the screenshot above will be replaced with whatever layer it is unable to find). This would typically occur if you have accidentally deleted/renamed one or more vital layers during processing, or if you are running the actions in the wrong order.

Please see the tutorial for more information on how to use it correctly.

The command “Filter” is not currently available

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/UfosxtF2jg35NjdZNh72T9Wv7sgoT9nm4HRwXlbrJu84HwAuvReJDj7Ru0jiuCfdKv50xLyduRHnAhUkAaFD1w_kizcV_OMmg_OegWknRZnzS8CIMgZ_SfZDXYASBLEEHBwAliRp

When running any of the actions, this error message will occur if it cannot find one or more of the filters. This usually means you did not copy the filters to the correct folders, or you forgot to restart Photoshop after you did. Please verify that the plugins (filters) are in the correct folder for your version of Photoshop (and that you are using a 64-bit version of Photoshop that supports the filters).

If the filters are installed correctly, they should show up under Filter > RONC 2018.

Could not complete the *. command because of a disk error

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/dAIy0mXXbprWEjwgAuz0XVzvTuI0iD_tGZC1bVSrgJH8xXm7lnc0L5akHOHJ4Lnf-YRskKgJk4R-s57eQNLwupcEVU7KM-N6C3puQJbXNqUqAN-XKzhDMeZfnpGqjtHOTIb_I8Ho

This misleading error message will show up on Windows if libfftwx64_3-3.dll is missing. This usually means you did not copy the file to the correct folder, or you forgot to restart Photoshop after you did. Note that “Ft2DS” in the above screenshot is the name of the filter it was trying to run at the time, and will be different depending on what action/filter you were running.
        Please verify that libfftwx64_3-3.dll is in the correct folder for the correct version of Photoshop.[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Originally posted by Chain View Post
          Unfortunately I can't tell from your description exactly how you went about it. What files did you put where? Did you load the actions into your Actions panel?
          What is the problem? Is the actions not showing? Are filters not showing? Do you get an error message when trying to run it?

How to install on Windows:
          1. Copy libfftwx64_3-3.dll to your Photoshop installation folder.
            By default this is C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop [version]\
          2. Copy the 8bf-files to the Photoshop Plug-ins-folder.
            By default this is C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop [version]\Plug-ins\
          3. Restart Photoshop if it was running.
          4. Double-click Pattern Suppressor v2.6.atn to install the actions.

How to install on macOS:
          1. Copy the .plugin-files to the Photoshop Plug-ins-folder.
            By default this is /Applications/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Plug-Ins/
          2. Restart Photoshop if it was running.
          3. Double-click Pattern Suppressor v2.6.atn to install the actions.

Common error messages

Here are a few potential error messages, and their likely causes:

The object “layer “XXX”” is not currently available

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/BB2fX_Li6yBxK-U59hkUbyM-cwLuCb8ZgvQSFNuBm_hu-v54P4Hb1O8ZhiBKOeTHvGjxlm7gE82lKQQ5r-esn-g4TTDOF-Sk8-8uOJg_kBw33VrGJyIM0f_Rdi1AVI2pBQrcbNod

When running the actions, an error message like this will happen if the action is unable to find a layer it requires to function (The name “Preview” in the screenshot above will be replaced with whatever layer it is unable to find). This would typically occur if you have accidentally deleted/renamed one or more vital layers during processing, or if you are running the actions in the wrong order.

Please see the tutorial for more information on how to use it correctly.

The command “Filter” is not currently available

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/UfosxtF2jg35NjdZNh72T9Wv7sgoT9nm4HRwXlbrJu84HwAuvReJDj7Ru0jiuCfdKv50xLyduRHnAhUkAaFD1w_kizcV_OMmg_OegWknRZnzS8CIMgZ_SfZDXYASBLEEHBwAliRp

When running any of the actions, this error message will occur if it cannot find one or more of the filters. This usually means you did not copy the filters to the correct folders, or you forgot to restart Photoshop after you did. Please verify that the plugins (filters) are in the correct folder for your version of Photoshop (and that you are using a 64-bit version of Photoshop that supports the filters).

If the filters are installed correctly, they should show up under Filter > RONC 2018.

Could not complete the *. command because of a disk error

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/dAIy0mXXbprWEjwgAuz0XVzvTuI0iD_tGZC1bVSrgJH8xXm7lnc0L5akHOHJ4Lnf-YRskKgJk4R-s57eQNLwupcEVU7KM-N6C3puQJbXNqUqAN-XKzhDMeZfnpGqjtHOTIb_I8Ho

This misleading error message will show up on Windows if libfftwx64_3-3.dll is missing. This usually means you did not copy the file to the correct folder, or you forgot to restart Photoshop after you did. Note that “Ft2DS” in the above screenshot is the name of the filter it was trying to run at the time, and will be different depending on what action/filter you were running.
          Please verify that libfftwx64_3-3.dll is in the correct folder for the correct version of Photoshop.
          [/QUOTE]

The problem is solved. A message came up that the file could not be opened because Apple could not verify it.
          By opening system preference and allowing the loading of the blocked files during security, everything went well.
          Thanks for your help!

Comment