Ft Pattern Suppressor

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• visnew
    Virus / Spyware in plugins or actions
    by visnew
    Hi:

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but since the previous "Virus" thread was posted here, I thought it was best not to change.

In the original thread, Gary warned us not to download stuff from unknown or dangerous sites. However, I'm wondering...
    05-15-2008, 03:42 PM
  • Rydiant
    Is it worthwhile to sell actions?
    by Rydiant
    I've developed a series of actions that produce effects like some commercial plugins. Because the quality of output compares well (and in some ways surpasses what's already out there,) I think users would be willing to pay for the actions at a fraction of the cost of a plugin alternative.
    04-18-2010, 06:24 PM
  • GaryGornelli
    Actions
    by GaryGornelli
    Hi, I was discussing brushing up work to show clients the results at shoots and was told that some photographers run a few actions. Curves, smoothing/sharpening etc. Do any of you? What are they?

Gary
    07-16-2009, 12:28 PM
  • Sanda
    strange behavior
    by Sanda
    After a recent hard drive crash and replacement I had to reinstall Photoshop 6. I've reinstalled all of my plugins and actions ect. All seemed to be working fine but today I needed to use an action for the first time since the reinstall and to my amazement discovered that my actions pallet won't...
    09-18-2002, 04:26 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    Creating Actions in Photoshop
    by Doug Nelson
    View here
    01-11-2003, 08:34 PM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• infrared
    replied
    Hi guys, just wanted to chime in and say thanks for the great plugin.

I did however run into an issue with installation and thought I'd just share this here in case anyone else runs into the same problem. I had installed this on a Mac for Photoshop 2019 and was having trouble running the action, getting the 'filter not found' error and true to it's word, the filters weren't present in the filter menu despite being properly located in the plugin folder.

I did some troubleshooting and found that the file permissions needed to be set to allow me to read and write. Once I done that all worked perfectly.

Hope this helps someone else…

Leave a comment:

• jugee
    replied
    Btw, v2.5 works without any flaws in Photoshop 2020 (21.0.1 20191106.r.47) on Windows 10 Pro.

Thank you so very, very much for all your awesome work!!

Leave a comment:

• Ron Chambers
    replied
    Originally posted by zoomed View Post
    Hi there! What's my mistake? Here is a original image https://i.imgur.com/65m9Wfm.jpg and after https://i.imgur.com/jYoWlmV.jpg
    Photo have been maded even worse than was before. Or im doing something wrong? Show me please how this image can be edit (pattern screenshot and final image) by professional like you, thanks
    Look at this attempt: https://imgur.com/a/viOE2TL Should be five images: Before, Pattern Suppression, Pattern Suppression + DeNoise, Pattern Suppression + DeNoise + Content Aware Fill, and the are I chose for the filter to leave alone.

Let me know what you think.

RONC
    Last edited by Ron Chambers; 09-29-2019, 08:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Chambers
    replied
    Originally posted by zoomed View Post
    Hi there! What's my mistake? Here is a original image https://i.imgur.com/65m9Wfm.jpg and after https://i.imgur.com/jYoWlmV.jpg
    Photo have been maded even worse than was before. Or im doing something wrong? Show me please how this image can be edit (pattern screenshot and final image) by professional like you, thanks
    Zoomed,
    I think that you followed directions but the result is poor.
    How was this image created? Did someone merge two shots together? If so, do you have the pre-merged images? I'm concerned that in merging the pattern is no longer consistent.
    Can you send me the earliest version of the pre-merged images? The lighting difference between the two halves is too much and needs to be handled before the Pattern Suppression and then the merge. Are there RAW camera files? That would be best.

RONC
    Last edited by Ron Chambers; 09-29-2019, 04:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• zoomed
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chain
    replied
    Thank you for the good feedback. CMYK support would be a bit tricky to implement (would likely need a dedicated action set), and there would be no real benefit (in testing the end results did not improve). If you have scanned a print image it would be scanned as RGB anyway (and you will - or rather should - be doing all the other image editing in this color mode). Converting that RGB data to CMYK can only degrade the image.

The original CMYK separations from when a color image was printed will not cleanly separate back into CMYK channels anyway (it's just not possible), so the theoretical benefit actually disappears as you end up with mixed patterns in the channels anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Andreas_Boger
    replied
    This is a very nice plug-in. Nevertheless, I'd like to suggest the Author to consider a colour version, witch could handle CMYK pictures as well (not only RGB). In per-channel mode this could proof beneficial for removing printing patterns, as the most printing processes are CMYK based. Even if the scan was processed in RGB mode, a CMYK separation should reveal the original CMYK channels.

Leave a comment:

• Chain
    replied
    The command “Filter” is not currently available

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Uf...ASBLEEHBwAliRp

When running any of the actions, this error message will occur if it cannot find one or more of the filters. This usually means you did not copy the filters to the correct folders, or you forgot to restart Photoshop after you did. Please verify that the plugins (filters) are in the correct folder for your version of Photoshop (and that you are using a 64-bit version of Photoshop that supports the filters).

If the filters are installed correctly, they should show up under Filter > RONC 2018.

Leave a comment:

• moonshadow0043
    replied
    Got it. The libffwx64_3-3.dll was not in the correct folder. I deleted the program and started over again. Now I'm getting this message: "The command filter is not currently available." Please pardon my NEWBIE errors in trying to learn this software. I thank you in advance for taking the time out of your busy schedule to assist me.

Leave a comment:

• Chain
    replied
    Katty: unlock issue was solved long ago. Are you unable to download?

Moonshadow: Could not complete the XXX. command because of a disk error

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/dA...GqjtHOTIb_I8Ho

This misleading error message will show up on Windows if libfftwx64_3-3.dll is missing. This usually means you did not copy the file to the correct folder, or you forgot to restart Photoshop after you did. Note that “Ft2DS” in the above screenshot is the name of the filter it was trying to run at the time, and will be different depending on what action/filter you were running.

Please verify that libfftwx64_3-3.dll is in the correct folder for the correct version of Photoshop

Leave a comment:

• moonshadow0043
    replied
    I recently downloaded the FT Pattern Suppressor. I tried the program after downloading performing these tasks per the tutorial video >color 3d>normal suppression>play and on screen appeared this message: could not complete the ft3dh command because of a disc error. What do you recommend as a fix?

Leave a comment:

• Chain
    replied
    Great you got it working!

Leave a comment:

• Angela Swan
    replied
    Chain, yeah I did open Photoshop from the 64-bit folder.
    Suddenly, I just thought of, maybe I need to update Adobe manager . I just updated it. Guess what? It worked, RONC 2018 appeared in my filter. Thank you so much for reaching out! And thank both you and Ronc for developing this amazing plugin. I can’t wait to try it out! I am so thankful!!! Angela

Leave a comment:

• Chain
    replied
    Make sure you actually start the 64-bit version of Photoshop and not the 32-bit version. You might be starting the wrong program.

Leave a comment:

• Angela Swan
    replied
    Thanks Chain for your fast response. I did paid special attentions two the two points you mentioned. I selected the Windows-plug-ins and made sure that the files were copied into 64-bit versions of photoshop. Maybe I will delete them all and try again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X