Chroma Plugins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chroma Plugins

For awhile I've been hoping that someone would come out with a plugin that uses masking and lightening to fill in shadow areas. And a few days ago I stumbled upon one called Shadow Control.

I only tested it on three pictures. For the tests I compared it with standard methods such as: luminosity mask, invert, fill gray, color dodge or luminosity mask, invert, levels or curves. Both with and without blurring the mask. I also tried it against a contrast mask on one of the pictures.

Bottom line, it worked much better on one picture, a little better on another, and worse on the third. I think this is actually a pretty good start considering that no plugin works in every situation. But you check it out and see what you think.

They also have other plugins there: Highlight Control, Photographic Filters, and Smart Sharpen. Each plugin is $34.95, with discounts for buying more than one. I've only tested Shadow Control.

http://www.chromasoftware.com/

Related Topics

Collapse

• jbruceb
    Shadow detail
    by jbruceb
    Richard, it would be great if you were to come up with an action similar to the one in the new Photoshop CS that brings out the detail in shadows and highlights. I haven't seen that one, but I have been playing with ASF's (Kodak) Digital SHO Pro plug-in eval. software, and it is awesome. Could not...
    02-26-2004, 10:11 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    Unreplaceable plugins
    by Doug Nelson
    What are plugins you use that can't be replaced by anything else? Unique, or merely complicated, there's no other way to do the thing that plugin does. So what are they?
    05-11-2015, 08:57 AM
  • lalithaparam
    Masking plug in
    by lalithaparam
    I looking at doing masking and compositing of some of my pictures. I don't have hours to spend in front of my computer. Is it worthwhile investing in a plug in like mask pro 3 or the corel knock out. Any other suggestions for masking plugin. Or should just buy Katrin Eismann's book and learn to...
    07-08-2005, 10:40 AM
  • Caleb
    Favourite Photoshop plugins
    by Caleb
    Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what peoples favourite various Photoshop plugins (free or paid for) are.

I've just been playing around with the free Nik collection plugins and thought i'd see if anyone had any other recommendations...

I guess mostly i'm...
    10-04-2017, 11:20 AM
  • smason
    Plug-in Manager
    by smason
    What is the best program to manage Photoshop Plugins? Does anybody have any tips?

Sharon
    09-24-2003, 09:54 AM
Working...
X