Mac OSX users rejoice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac OSX users rejoice...

I just found a "feature" in OSX Jaguar that has me jumping for joy.....

It has always irked me that there was no easy way to see which of those hundreds of digital camera dump or scanned images was the one I wanted without opening it in PS or something first.

Well I just discovered that in the finder, open the folder containing images, set the view to icons, select view menu, show view options, and set click on show icon preview. It takes a few seconds but the icons will all change from the generic whatever to a thumb of the image.

A real time saver if you're trying to sort hundreds of old scanned images or digicam images.

Ok so I'm probably the last person to learn about this, but why didn't someone tell me

Margaret

and did you know that you can adjust the size too?

Don't you just LOVE your MAC?

Comment

I certainly do...love my Mac.

I've spent the afternoon weeding out dups and trips of images and regained several gigs of space in the process.

Margaret

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Doug Nelson
        Hunting the wild Mac user
        by Doug Nelson
        I was just going over the web access logs last night and noticed that fewer than 20% of the visitors to this site (the whole site, not just these forums) are Mac users. Since Mac users make up a sizable part of the image-editing community, this is a serious issue.

I know we've had some...
        05-27-2002, 01:07 PM
      • winwintoo
        Making a slideshow on Mac
        by winwintoo
        Yo Richard!!

I got this from another forum, but can't find an answer.

PSE 2, Macintosh 10.2.8

File>Automation Tools>PDF Slideshow

You would expect the images to show up in the slide show in some order related to their names, the order...
        11-29-2003, 10:26 AM
      • Quantum3
        Total Finder MAC
        by Quantum3
        Hey pals, just wanted to show to all the mac users a very nice complement for the Finder. I personally find it very useful to override windows crowing all around the desktop. The name of the addon is Total Finder and it uses the very good thing of tabs, so you can tab every single new window in the...
        06-14-2010, 07:02 AM
      • kiska
        Unlock on a mac
        by kiska
        How do I unlock this so I can delete it. It's in a Media Player folder. I have a macpro. Thanks.

Found it..

Went to mac Help (duh). Hold down 'option' as you click 'empty trash'....
        09-10-2007, 05:42 AM
      • T Paul
        MAC Users/PC Users
        by T Paul
        I use a PC to view the web, but lately I have been viewing the forum from my sister's MAC laptop and noticed that it looks a bit different. Furthermore, some options that I was used to when viewing it on my PC are now missing. So I thought I see if there were any other MAC oddities.

12-14-2004, 10:41 AM
      Working...
      X