Digital Watermarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Watermarks

I stumbled across this site this morning and thought it might be of interest:

Digimarc

I don't know anything about it except what is available on the site.

Margaret

Thanks for the link Margaret.

I looked into digital watermarks during the discussion we had on how to protect images. I was disappointed to discover that if a filter (just about any filter) is run on a digitally watermarked image, it essentially disables the watermark. Cropping a little bit keeps it, cropping a lot disables it.

Bottom line, the digital watermark helps you track in image that is copied as is. But, if someone wants to make "photo-art" from it and claim it as their own, it is pretty much impossible to track that.

Jeanie

Comment

An interesting side note on security graphics can be found here (from the famous Xerox/PARC research centre):

http://www.parc.com/solutions/dataglyphs/

Regards,

Stephen Marsh.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Mike Needham
        A Bayesian Approach to Digital Matting
        by Mike Needham
        Before I launch into the post, Mods please move if a better location other than Salon is found, I was unsure as it is most definitely heavy duty Photoshop

Came across this site on a random browsing session A Bayesian Approach to Digital Matting It has a fairly heavy duty technical...
        07-09-2010, 01:27 PM
      • albatrosss
        Optical vs Digital Image Stabilization
        by albatrosss
        First let me state that I don't know if this is in the correct section.

I understand the difference between optical and digital zoom but I really could use a simple explanation as to the difference between Optical and Digital stabilization. Is one superior to the other and if so, how?...
        04-26-2007, 01:02 PM
      • macca2009
        Famous/Popular Digital Artists
        by macca2009
        I'm currently in the process of putting together a presentation in one of my classes on a person/people that are very successful in my field of interest DIGITAL ART.

Any suggestions on people that do it for a profession???
        07-21-2009, 03:18 AM
      • Eigil Skovgaard
        Is it possible to hide a digital adjustment?
        by Eigil Skovgaard
        Hi,
        I have a hypothetical question:
        Is it possible to scan a color transparency film (yes!), then make digital corrections (yes!) AND THEN copy or expose the result back to the same type of film without leaving ANY traces of the digital corrective process?
        Best regards,
        Eigil...
        08-29-2015, 09:41 AM
      • G. Couch
        New website for artists...
        by G. Couch
        For those interested, I am in the process of creating a website for digital artists - www.digitalprintmaking.net

It's focused primarily on "Digital Printmaking". What exactly do I mean by that?... think of printmaking in art terms- Woodcuts, Lithography, Etchings, Serigraphy,...
        07-16-2003, 11:03 PM
      Working...
      X