Old Movie Plug in Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Movie Plug in Review

The name is deceiving--this plug in doesnot make old movies. What it does, and very well I might add, is to take a perfectly good photo and give it the look one associates with , well, an old movie frame--complete with dust, scratches, faded look, greasy smeared fingerprints and all the other stuff which we usually try to get rid of. Oh Yes, I love this filter! Priced at $19.95, it wont hurt the finances too much--I just cut back for a couple days on the Polo Ponies sugar cube ration. For adding noise to cover a perhaps "too good" job of restoration, this plug in is much better and faster than the usual filters found in any main stream image processing/painting program I have yet encountered. All aspects of it are adjustable, giving the user almost infinite control of the effects applied. While not screamingly fast, it moves right along, and, the preview window depicts the changes you make very quickly and is accurate to boot! I can see a use in restoration for this little number besides being fun to play with. For more info follow this link:http://www.v-d-l.com/adrenaline_harmonix.html . See example at bottom for, well, an example of what this plug-in does. I would rate this one as a must have. Guess you suspect I like it, Huh?. Tom
    Last edited by thomasgeorge; 09-27-2001, 08:31 AM.

Tom,
    I am beginning to think you are addicted to all things "Sepia".
    And to think, Hollywood is spending all that money trying to restore those old films.
    The only thing missing in this filter is those little white specks that flash throughout the old films as they play. Guess you could add them manually. Looks great and thanks again for another helpful review. (Inspite of the fact that I had to have a little fun with you first)

Hey since you have so many filters anyway, why not buy that Plugin Commander and let me know if it's worth the price. I think it costs around $50.
    DJ

Comment

I fear that Plug in Commander is on the radar screen. I am enamoured with sepia tones---something dreamy and delightfully melancholy about a photo treated to that type of tone manipulation. Taking a new photo and "antiquing" it is proving popular with my customers---sort of like taking a piece of new wood furniture and "distressing" it. Who'd have thunk it. Perhaps "Restoring" will give way to "Distressing".

Comment

Gotta hand it to ya Tom. You really give us some good info on that type of stuff. I'll bet you could make some interesting challenges with that.

Ed

Comment