Clear All

• Review: Topaz A.I. Gigapixel 1.1.2 update just released

Topaz A.I. Gigapixel update v1.1.2 has the following changes:

3 Updated AI Models

New Features:

- Check for updates now happens when the user opens the application

- Updated models with more training for slightly better image quality

Bug Fixes:

- Color space is now correctly preserved when an unsupported color profile is detected and Match Input is checked

- output is now always sRGB for for RAW files

GUI Modifications:

- Processing mode text and box no longer overflows if Save to Input File Location is not checked

- Border of image option region stops disappearing occasionally when window is resized

There is an unadvertised 15% discount available, no need to pay full price for any Topaz product.

Here is the first practical application I tried with this new version. As part of my genealogical research, I often refer to old maps.

This copy of an 1849 map of the New York area (in this case, cropped to Jersey City) from THE NEW YORK PUBLIC LIBRARY DIGITAL COLLECTIONS had names written on the map but were hard to read.

A 400% upsampling in Gigapixel helped solve that problem!

map400.jpg

Comment

Photo of my schoolchild grandfather, with a 600% closeup.

maurice600.jpg

Comment

I just did another genealogical uprez test, this time with a screenshot of the 1905 NJ census as it appeared on FamilySearch. Not even the actual downloadable image, as I had exceeded my bandwidth at the site by this particular time of day.

Shown is actual size, 400% and 600%, no post processing other than making the results grayscale.

census.jpg

Comment

widgetinstance 175 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X