X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop CS system requirements

Adobe lists
    Microsoft® Windows® 2000 with Service Pack 3 or Windows XP
    as a system requirement. Since I have Windows ME, I'm wondering if anyone is running Photoshop CS on ME. Will it run on less than Adobe has listed?

Ken

Take this as a not-so-gentle hint to run screaming away from WinME.

Many of the "requirements" don't really mean it won't run, just that there will be some sort of impairment in functionality.

WinME really was a buggy, miserable OS. Be glad for a cost-justification.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

When I first got Photoshop 7 I had an underqualified computer. I don't remember if it was the OS or CPU or both. So there is a chance it will work on yours. Maybe you could try out the demo version when it is released.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Nelson
        Take this as a not-so-gentle hint to run screaming away from WinME.

Many of the "requirements" don't really mean it won't run, just that there will be some sort of impairment in functionality.

WinME really was a buggy, miserable OS. Be glad for a cost-justification.
        I have read not so favorable reviews of Windows ME before , but I've been running it for at least 2 years with no problems at all.
        I'm happy with photoshop 7 so if it's going to mean I have to upgrade windows along with photoshop, I'll just stick with the setup I currently have.

Ken

Comment

More important than the upgrade considerations are the considerations of what you might really need -- or be missing. You might try a look at the summaries here to see if there is anything you need in an upgrade of PS and find that more important than sticking with an OS.

http://bermangraphics.com/press/photoshopcs.htm

Comment

The official word from Adobe:

"The Photoshop CS installer will not run under anything earlier than Win2K. The app won't run under anything earlier than Win2K. Win2K or later is a hard requirement."
            Learn by teaching
            Take responsibility for learning

Comment

From a computer tech...

Couldn't resist jumping in and making a comment.

I've been doing computer work, support, technical, etc for the better part of 15 years and most recently doing home support for people and small businesses.

The majority of problems I'm seeing are people still running Win98 and most especially WinME. Oh, I fully agree that for some it runs just fine and they've had no problems, but when the problems DO occur, the choices for repair are even more so limited. At least with WinXP you've got System Restore options and better overall support.

Just my 2cents, I've never felt it my place to tell someone they "have" to upgrade for any reason...but giving them the full ramifications of how much their continued support will cost is usually enough to convince on it's own.

Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Nelson
                run screaming away from WinME.
                I second the motion.. go back to win98 or move up to 2k or xp.

Comment