Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop CS...

Hey all-

Quick question for CS users. With the upgrade version will I have to remove all filters and plugins before installing the upgrade or will they work without removal?--irish

Mixed. Your best bet is to remove them all and reinstall. In fact, you might want to install them to an outside directory and point CS to that as a secondary plugin folder (there have been some problems reported).

Do not point CS to your PS7 plugins folder (I did that, crashed, and got a smug "it says so in the readme.txt" in response to my query).

Also, if you use Auto F/X frames, wait until they offer a patch before re-installing them.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Nelson
      install them to an outside directory and point CS to that as a secondary plugin folder
      I do this!

Comment

You can even have several outside plugin folders and hold down Ctrl+Shift while starting up Photoshop CS and it will ask you which folder to use as your secondary plugin folder. This is in place of any you've specified in the prefs, not in addition to.

This can come in handy if you have some filters you use in certain circumstances but would normally not like the overhead.
        Learn by teaching

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Nelson
          You can even have several outside plugin folders and hold down Ctrl+Shift while starting up Photoshop CS
          wow, that's cool.

I take it there's no way to add new filters to the menu while photoshop is running (without an application restart)?

Comment

You take it correctly.
            Learn by teaching

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ajava
              Help with upgrade to PS CS...
              by ajava
              I currently have PS Elements, with several plugins installed. When I install the upgrade to CS, will this have any affect on Elements and the plugins? Will the plugins need to be copied/moved to the CS plugin folder or will CS recognize them automatically? Sorry, but I'm very slow on the up-take...
              01-19-2006, 09:12 AM
            • Janet Petty
              More information on cllipped channels
              by Janet Petty
              ByRo's tutorial on channel clipping is great and very well written. It is easy to follow and do. There is another tutorial at the location listed below. I'd like to try it as well; but I have a question. Just exactly how does one find the plugin that is mentioned in the tutorial?

12-16-2004, 07:01 AM
            • Romany
              Cs Upgrade
              by Romany
              Hi All
              I have just upgraded to Cs from 7, and now Cs is much slower starting up and it tends to hog resources, anyway I am wondering if anybody is having the same problem as me.
              Cheers
              Chris
              02-01-2005, 06:08 PM
            • catia
              Photoshop CS Minimum System Requirements
              by catia
              Hi,

Is anyone running Photoshop CS on a Pentium II machine? I see the minimum requirements are listed as a Pentium III. I only have a 450Mhz Pentium II. I have been running PS7 without a problem; but, I am concerned about CS.

I know, buy a new computer. ...
              01-16-2004, 11:29 AM
            • kcohn
              Photoshop CS and Plugins/etc.
              by kcohn
              How do I move all my plugins, actions, etc. over. So far, the plug-ins don't seem to want to move, even those which didn't previously with new versions require a new installation? And what's this "legasy" thing--do I need it. Do I NOT use my Photoshop 7 number, but instead my Photoshop...
              12-01-2003, 09:09 AM
            Working...
            X