Ken Burns software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Burns software

I'm wondering what software options there are for the Ken Burns' style of moviemaking (ie: slow pans and fades of still photographs). My first inclination would be Adobe Premier, but I wonder if that wouldn't be gross overkill.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

I haven't used this myself, yet, but doing a Google group search, found some recommendations for these in the rec.photo.digital newsgroup.

Memories on TV 2.0

Tutorial for Ken Burns effects using Memories on TV software

Quotes from the newsgroup about two other programs --
    <Imaginate is an excellent program that gives complete control over digital stills, varying zoom, pan and even perspective. You can also apply curves to pan and zoom paths, as well as vary speeds. This one does it all.>
    > 321 Studio's "DVD X Show" does the same for a lot less. >
    > Imaginate is phenomenally over priced considering that you cannot lay down a sound track on it and DVDX Show requires a DVD burner, it doesn't burn VCD unfortunately otherwise I'd go for it.>
    DVD X Show - $39.99 List

Imaginate Software - $199 List
    Last edited by CJ Swartz; 12-05-2003, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Ken Burns Effect - Pan &amp; Scan

What is the Ken Burns Effect? We have seen it a thousand time on TV. A still photograph is displayed and often while a narrator does a voice over we see the picture slowly enlarge as it zooms in on some aspect of the photo. This technique is called a 'Pan and Scan'.
      The Ken Burns Effect

Here are a few more:

Software:
      MemoriresOnTV
      iMovie - Ken Burns' Effect is actually part of the program
      Moving Picture
      Final Cut Pro (FCP)
      Still Life
      Photo to Movie
      Stillmotion Creator
      PhotoJam
      Microsoft Plus! Digital Media Edition
      Last edited by T Paul; 12-05-2003, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all the information. It was actually a review of MS Plus Digital Media Edition that got me thinking about this.
        Learn by teaching
        Take responsibility for learning

Comment