Noise Reducer Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise Reducer Plugin

I’ve been learning so much from this web site I thought I’d make contribution. I did not create this noise reducing plugin ( I wish I had the ability) but I have been using it with excellent results. I have compared it with some of the leading noise reducers and think it equals or surpassed the ones I’ve tested.

It is a free download available from: http://www.canonians.com/noise.htm

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Snead

Snead:

This is a pretty meaty (and useful) post for your first one. Well done. And "free" for this action is a much better price than for the Neat Image plug-in.

Glad you decided to jump in the pool. Now that you know how easy it is, do it more often!

Welcome aboard.

~Danny~

Comment

Welcome to RP Snead. Thank you for the link to what looks to be a very useful piece of software. Because you started out this way, we're going to let you slip by without paying your dues for this month.

Ed

Comment

I've tried this action on a number of projects. Very tasty. Thanks Snead!

Cheers
        Duv

Comment

how do you use it?
          i'm using photoshop cs.

Comment

I think all you need to do is locate it in your Actions palette. Starts off with ISO. Highlight it then run play. Let me know if it works.

Cheers
            Duv

Comment

Originally posted by Duv
              I think all you need to do is locate it in your Actions palette. Starts off with ISO. Highlight it then run play. Let me know if it works.

Cheers
              Duv
              ok got it to work but found the pictures lost quite abit of sharpness.
              am i supposed to just click "ok" at all the prompts? coz that's what i did.

Comment

Originally posted by uginz
                am i supposed to just click "ok" at all the prompts? coz that's what i did.
                Prompts? Unless David has changed it lately, there are no prompts...?

Unless you have very fine detail, that is detail which is close to the SNR, I don't think you will lose much sharpness, running it at "Mild".

Comment

oh, found out why i got prompts.
                  i didn't switch off the dialogs. =P

Comment

Another classic yet efficient (and free) noise reducer is available at http://www.2morrow.dk/75ppi/coolpix/actions/

Comment

Great Tool

Hi,

I just used those actions and they are fabulous. I use Photoshops CS's wonderuful brightness/highlight tool but if you over do it the images get very contrasty and noisy.. this tool really cleans this up. Also worked well for smoothing out an image taken with an entry level consumer end digital camera

Brad

Comment