Photoshop Longevity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop Longevity

Hey everyone. This is my first thread...so welcome to it. Out of curiousity, I've created this poll...hopefully I've done it correctly. Thank you to all you nice folks on this site. Your comments are helpful and polite!
    Since v2.0 or earlier
    10.83%
    Since v3.0
    11.46%
    14.01%
    19.43%
    15.61%
    15.29%
    CS
    7.64%
    I use something other than Photoshop.
    5.73%

Hey, AI:

Glad to see you made your 1st post. Interesting question. Glad I was among the first to get to vote. I started with 5.5 and upgraded to 7.0.

Decided to pass on CS -- at least until the first update is available. Even then, it's unlikely I'll upgrade. I'll probably hold out for (the equivalent of) 9.0.

~Danny~
    Last edited by DannyRaphael; 04-20-2004, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Hi,

I started with PS 6...upgraded to 7 and to CS last Christmas ...(yes! it was my Christmas present!!!!)

Comment

Hi Pantone Menace (gee, I was slow to catch that one!),

I've used Photoshop since 2.5, so I clicked 2.0 just to impress

Comment

fun poll

I was introduced to Photoshop pretty early on. A friend owned a type setting studio and had lots of fun little macs around with Photoshop 3 on them

I had never really touched a computer, saw dos and thought..nah!
          but when I saw photoshop!! whole new thinking!
          and once 4 came around with layers!!! I never looked back

Kissed

Comment

Started out with 4.0 (now using CS), and all I remember doing with 4.0 was brightness/contrast for underexposed or overexposed photographs, and unsharpen mask to sharpen out of focus photographs. At that time Photoshop seemed incredibly full-featured (still does today to think of it).

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Rexx
              Hi Pantone Menace (gee, I was slow to catch that one!),

I've used Photoshop since 2.5, so I clicked 2.0 just to impress
              I'm with him. Started with 2.5 although I actually owned 2.0 or 2.1 or something like that.

Comment

I actually started with Corel Draw/Paint and upgraded that software suite for many years before finally switching over to PhotoShop 5.0. Of course now I'm up to PhotoShop CS.

Comment

I started with 3.0 and painfully went through every upgrade And every time I say "Ok, this is perfect, I never need to upgrade!!!" Silly me!

Comment

I would swear I answered this question, but don't see a reply by me, so I guess I didn't!
                    I started out with 3.0, upgraded to 4.0, and stayed with that until upgrading to 7. It was a bit of a leap, as I really was quite happy with 4. Am now using CS.

Comment

I started with 5.0, then went to 7.0. That's where I am now, and I'll probably wait till there's at least one more upgrade before I opt for it.

Ed

Comment

Photoshop LE 1.04 was my first Photoshop version; the first full one was 2.0. I skipped the 4.0 release, but upgraded for all the other ones.

Comment

Hi Everyone! This is my first post also.

I actually started out using Paint Shop Pro 7 then upgraded to 8. Of course everyone told me that I just had to learn Photoshop if I wanted to be taken seriously in the industry. So now I have Photoshop 7, which I'm learning slowly but surely.

I highly doubt I'll be upgrading to anything further especially after attempting to get help from Adobe Tech Support, which btw, isn't a toll-free call. Only to be told that since I don't have the most current version (CS) any help they provide will cost me an additional $40.00. But of course if I upgrade tech support is free. After all the manicures and pedicures I had to sacrifice to get the version I do have, there's no freaking way I'm going to give them another red cent!

Comment

i used PSP for some time, then i finally had PS4... only recently i installed PS7 (yes, installed, not upgraded - i use both PS4 and 7 now - my comp is pretty crappy oldie, so 4 is great for "minor" works )... i don't see myself upgrading any time soon...

Comment

New here too, I went from PhotoDeluxe to Photoshop 7.0 (a lot like photodeluxe but more features), I also have PSP for small things. Am still learning both.

Comment

Working...
                              X