Neat Image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat Image

Just curious to who has Neat Image and what version, pros, cons and so on. So share your thoughts and alternatives.
    No
    30.30%
    Yes, Demo Version
    28.28%
    Yes, Home Version
    6.57%
    Yes, Home Plus Version (has PhotoShop Plugin)
    4.55%
    Yes, Pro Version
    2.53%
    Yes, Pro Plus Version (has PhotoShop Plugin)
    27.78%

Pro +, just upgraded from Home + when I got a new scanner that does 48 bit scans. It makes restorations much easier...

Comment

I have the Pro edition. With my Nikon D100, I've programmed in profiles from 200 ISO up to Nikon Hi2. So far I'm pretty happy with the results although there are images where I end up with less than stellar results. I need to learn more about adjusting the settings. Wasn't aware of the PS plugin version. Will check it out.

Cheers
      Dave

Comment

Those of you with a plus version. Is it worth the extra money to have it as a PhotoShop plugin vs. just opening the program separately?

Comment

I prefer Noise Ninja, so can't respond to your poll. A Mac version has just been released, but it doesn't have a plugin version as yet.

Comment

I use ASF (now Kodak) Digital GEM.

This might be an excellent opportunity to compare the various outputs. Anyone have a noisy yet detailed image to post? We can all run it through our various magic filters.
            Learn by teaching
            Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Great idea Doug! I'll post two images later this afternoon, one with noise and the other with a moire pattern. I will also start a new thread for this comparison.

~T

Comment

The advantage of having the Neat Image plugin, is most notably, that you can keep your image in lossless, psd format. It's also much more convenient.

Comment

I have the pro version and have found that it provides numerous controls to adjust/fine-tune it's effects. In some cases the results have been extremely impressive, in other cases good to very good. I like the ease and convienence of the plug-in.

Alan

Comment

I have the Plus version, and I think the convenience and automation that comes from having a plugin makes it worth the money. I've tried Noise Ninja, and was very impressed. But it could not match Neat Image on my test images. Except for one, where Noise Ninja's local contrast adjuster gave it the edge. I am also very impressed with NoiseWare. The ease of use is great. And on one image I actually preferred the way it handled the chroma noise. So it is now in the toolkit too.

Comment

Paint Shp Pro 9 has a noise reduction filter built in. I haven't seen it yet (the beta download is too big), but have heard some good comments about its capabilities.

Comment

I just recently upgraded to the Pro+ version

Comment

I have only testet the demo version on a noise image from my d70 at iso 1600 and there it reduces the noise to an aceptable amount. if i took some time in ps afterwards, then it could proberply be removed almost if not completly. i would like to use the plugin version, but i havent got money for it, jet.
                          But ps itself can handle noise pretty well, although it takes some time to correct.
                          But yeah i could submit a couple of noisy test shoots too.

/Lasse

Comment

Big Al
                            Thanks for the tip about Noise Ninja. I just tried the demo and immediately placed my order for the Pro version!! Geezz.. I couldn't believe how great this plugin is!!

Comment

When i had the other computer i had the neat program but then the harddrive died on me after having this new pc for 4 months, so can someone tell me where i can re obtain the NEAT plugin for photoshop please?

Comment