Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qns:Adjustment layer/s on layer sets

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Qns:Adjustment layer/s on layer sets

    Hi, Is there any way to add 'adjustment layer/s' to affect a layer set?
    Thks.

  • #2
    Originally posted by saberlancer
    Hi, Is there any way to add 'adjustment layer/s' to affect a layer set?
    Thks.
    I don't use Layer Sets, so you got me to experimenting.

    I created a layer set, added five of layers to it and painted different colors on each layer. I clicked on one of the layers and added an adjustment layer. Then I clicked on the top layer in the set and added another adjustment layer. Worked the same way for me as regular layers.

    What symptoms are you experiencing?

    ~Danny~

    Comment


    • #3
      http://img88.exs.cx/img88/3650/attach.jpg

      Thks.
      But I need Curves1 to affect only Set1 and not Set2.
      Possible?

      Or maybe it'll be out in the next version of PS?haha.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by saberlancer
        http://img88.exs.cx/img88/3650/attach.jpg

        Thks.
        But I need Curves1 to affect only Set1 and not Set2.
        Possible?

        Or maybe it'll be out in the next version of PS?haha.
        Have you tried this?:
        * Add the Curves adjustment layer to the set
        * Click on the Curves adjustment layer
        * Layer > Group with Previous

        Does that help?

        Comment


        • #5
          Is it CS u're using? I can't find the group with previous?
          Below is what I hope to do...(It's just a PS mockup)
          Possible?Thanks

          http://img57.exs.cx/img57/2305/attach4.jpg

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by saberlancer
            Is it CS u're using? I can't find the group with previous?
            Below is what I hope to do...(It's just a PS mockup)
            Possible?Thanks

            http://img57.exs.cx/img57/2305/attach4.jpg
            Nice mockup, by the way. Picture worth 1K words...

            I'm using Photoshop 7. See attachment (not a mockup). The "indented" Adjustment Layers got that way via Group with Previous commands. They affect the layers directly below them up until the first un-indented layer.

            If you create an adjustment layer within the Layer Set, I discovered you can drag/drop it "above" the layer set.

            Is any of this helping?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by DannyRaphael; 10-30-2004, 09:53 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              I was trying this out on CS and was kind of stumped. You have to create a clipping mask...which I couldn't figure out quickly! But I did run across an alternative.

              Create your adjustment layer while you have the layer set folder highlighted (which will put the AL at the top of the stack,) then change the blending mode of the entire layer set to anything OTHER than pass through. I don't know why this works, but it does apply the AL to just the layer set.

              Now I have to go figure out clipping masks....hmmmm....

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by FrannyMae
                I was trying this out on CS and was kind of stumped. You have to create a clipping mask...which I couldn't figure out quickly! But I did run across an alternative.

                Create your adjustment layer while you have the layer set folder highlighted (which will put the AL at the top of the stack,) then change the blending mode of the entire layer set to anything OTHER than pass through. I don't know why this works, but it does apply the AL to just the layer set.

                Now I have to go figure out clipping masks....hmmmm....
                WOW!Franny it seems to really work!!! Thats amazing!!
                Tink that warrants some kind of a 'tip of the month!'Thks!

                Will try more to see how it really works out.cheers!
                Thks for all who tried to help!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Saberlancer-I'm glad it worked! I took your suggestion and added a thread to the "tips" forum. My first tip...gee...I must be learning something! LOL!

                  Comment

                  Related Topics

                  Collapse

                  • Ed Turlington
                    Applying Adjustment Layer to only one layer
                    by Ed Turlington
                    When I have multiple photos, all as layers on one background document, I should be able to select any one layer and be able to apply a Curves Adjustment Layer that will affect only the selected layer. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it affects ALL layers...which I don't understand at all. It...
                    12-03-2008, 06:49 PM
                  • FrannyMae
                    Applying Adjustment Layer to Layer Set
                    by FrannyMae
                    If you want to apply an adjustment layer ONLY to the contents of a layer set, you could create a clipping mask, or you can try this simple method:

                    1. Place the adjustment layer at the top of the layer set you want to influence by having either the topmost layer or the layer set active....
                    10-30-2004, 10:39 PM
                  • ybt
                    Adjustment Layer & Layer Set
                    by ybt
                    I have a file that has a two layer sets and a background layer. I would like to apply an adjustment layer to the entire "top" layer set, but not have it impact the "bottom" layer set or the background layer.

                    Is there a way to limit an adjustment layer to impact only...
                    11-14-2003, 11:21 PM
                  • KTG
                    adjustment layer clipping
                    by KTG
                    I feel foolish asking this, but when I select an adjustment layer it now automatically clips to the layer below it. I must have triggered a preference somehow, but I cannot find the preference to undo that feature. I can manually undo the clip, but that is annoying.

                    thanks
                    ...
                    03-30-2011, 06:39 AM
                  • peejay
                    Help needed understanding these layers.
                    by peejay
                    Can anyone break down these layers into a simple set of instructions? I would love to duplicate this effect but I just dont know enough about PS yet to manage it by myself.
                    TIA

                    http://www.shanzcan.com/galphotrt/megan5.html

                    peejay
                    01-15-2004, 04:12 PM
                  Working...
                  X