Action menu ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Action menu ?

uhh....can someone tell me how to get the actions back onto my action menu ? I've used a few before, now they're gone.

mark

Originally posted by mahjohn
    uhh....can someone tell me how to get the actions back onto my action menu ? I've used a few before, now they're gone.

mark
    Mark:

It's odd that now they're "gone." Did you by chance recently upgrade to Norton Antivirus 2004?

In any event in the the top/right corner of the Actions Palette is an arrow that when clicked will display the Action Palette Menu. At the bottom of that menu should be a list of file names. If you click on one of these choices (each represents an Action Set File), the actions will be copied into the Actions Palette.

If you have downloaded .atn files from Internet sites and saved these files on your hard disk, display the Action Palette Menu again, choose "Load Actions", browse to the location of any .atn file, click on it and close the dialog. This, too, will load the actions into your Actions Palette.

Does any of this help?

~Danny~

Comment

thanks, I've added them back in. I did install Symantec AV Corp Edition awhile back..(same as Norton AV 2004), so that might have been an issue.

Mark,

Comment

Mark:

You need to turn off Norton AV setting:

Norton Plug-in for Microsoft

Here's how to do that: http://tinyurl.com/4utsv

If you don't make this change, the next time you do a virus scan your Actions Palette will be empty again. Strange, but true.

~Danny~

Comment

Strange? I'm running Norton, and my actions stay in the pallette. Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by swanseamale47
            Strange? I'm running Norton, and my actions stay in the pallette. Wayne
            To my knowledge the symptom of a completely blanked out Action Palette upon Photoshop startup only affected some users who had recently upgraded to Norton AV 2004. If you installed or upgraded to Norton AV 2004 and did not experience these symptoms, you were among the lucky ones.

I'm still running NAV 2001 and it's never happened to me.

~Danny~

Comment